The Lady Cave

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aleksis

Reaction score
My cave is in our living room. I puff my pipes on our plush green sectional sofa while watching movies, surfing the net, or conversing with friends and family.

_MG_2788.JPG

My pipes are displayed on our mantle on a piece of lace, accented with antique vases, books, and dried roses. Sadly, I don't have a pipe rack, and if I'm anything like my dad, I won't be content with just these 13 pipes, so eventually I'll need to find a larger place to display them. (In fact, I was given two estate pipes yesterday, so it's going to get a little crowded up there).

Yep, you're gonna have to invest in some "furniture" if you keep this pipe "thing" up :p With four kittehs in the house, ANYTHING on the mantle would be a no-no for me :p

Looks good. When I was first collecting I did not have any pipe furniture instead I layered them inside my bookcase and then on top of the book case and then other flat surfaces became involved and then I finally had a really nice English style pipe rack that worked wonderfully for me. In all of the pre-pipe rack time my pipe never looked so good as what you as yours. Very nice. 8)

monbla256":id6mew39 said:
Yep, you're gonna have to invest in some "furniture" if you keep this pipe "thing" up :p With four kittehs in the house, ANYTHING on the mantle would be a no-no for me :p
Somehow, amazingly, with my 4 cats I have managed to train them NOT to get up there. I can't believe it worked, but it has.

kieveryuu":ejw8c6w3 said:
Looks good. When I was first collecting I did not have any pipe furniture instead I layered them inside my bookcase and then on top of the book case and then other flat surfaces became involved and then I finally had a really nice English style pipe rack that worked wonderfully for me. In all of the pre-pipe rack time my pipe never looked so good as what you as yours. Very nice. 8)
thank you! I've started looking for pipe furniture, but it's all kind of expensive...I'd rather buy another pipe! :lol:

Aleksis":j7ztjp5e said:
kieveryuu":j7ztjp5e said:
thank you! I've started looking for pipe furniture, but it's all kind of expensive...I'd rather buy another pipe! :lol:

This I understand. Thankfully, I was lucky enough that Dreadgerbil was kind enough to make me an English style pipe rack as a gift for Chanukah last year.

Kudos on your display! It looks quite elegant. It's nice to see a pipe collection displayed with feminine touches. :)
My wife has me keep mine in a drawer in a nightstand by the door to "outside" the house. :( I too would rather buy more pipes than furniture, so I decided I;m gonna make my own rack. I've gathered most of the materials, now I just have to find a garage to assemble them in...

Missed this one the first time around. Since it's been such a long time it would be interesting to see an update (and if you broke down and got some pipe furniture!). Very nice display and being able to smoke in the living room is, in itself, enviable!

Looks like you got a good collection going there and some interesting ones ta boot on the left end it looks. Pipe furniture / pipe racks are very expensive nowadays and for the price of one that holds about 24 you can buy a pretty good pipe so I know how you feel and, that's
why I started making my own. If the old mans handy with wood maybe you can whisper
in his ear a hint about it. Or if your handy yourself, get out there girl and start making'em.;)

Oops! :fpalm: I reckon I just followed you Dottleman and didn't pay any attention to the date of the previous post, oh well, she'll be back.