The Last Goodbye...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bentbulldog

Reaction score
Hello BoB,

Some of you may or may not know but I'm a big Tolkein fan. I'm sure there are a variety of concurring/differing opinions about the latest Hobbit movies. While I feel the original trilogy is the creme de la creme, I'm actually enjoying the new trilogy and can't wait for the final chapter.

With the final installment however, the Tolkein world on the big screen will be over.

I remember listening to "Into the West" when RotK was coming out and feeling the sadness of the journey's end.

So when I heard the end credits song for tBoFA, those feelings returned and I wanted to share with you all this touching and well produced song, where we finally say goodbye to Middle Earth on the big screen.

Enjoy
http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6319735/the-hobbit-song-premiere-billy-boyd-the-last-goodbye

DrT999":qjy4ikkb said:
tarheel7734":qjy4ikkb said:
We can always hope Peter Jackson does the Silmarillion.
How many movies would THAT take?
Oh my! I really enjoyed the Hobbit and the Trilogy back in high school. Found the Silmarillion in college and just couldn't read the darn thing. My memory is that there were about 30 characters with near identicle unpronouncible names. Can't imagine that would transfer to film all that well.
Honestly I didn't enjoy the films all that much. I always find movie versions of books to be a letdown. Saw the first 3, but have not bothered with the hobbit. Although I can understand why folks like them and the finality you would feel at the final chapter.
Mike.

Very touching. I too am looking forward to the movie. I have read the book, and while I still like the book better, I like the movies also. I don't compare the two, I like them for what they are.

It is the "story, tale, myth, legend, etc.." that draws us to these types of things and often people forget that movies are there to tell us a story visually. Just like you cant expect everyone to like the same book, the same goes with film.
Im enjoying the tale told in The Hobbit films and though I like the book, I shouldnt let the "purists" derail me from enjoying them.

bentbulldog":wd8b8k03 said:
Im enjoying the tale told in The Hobbit films and though I like the book, I shouldnt let the "purists" derail me from enjoying them.
Well said!  And I sure didn't mean to come off as a purist.  It would be a very booring world if we all liked the same thing.
Mike.

I absolutely loathed the LOTR movies but I am loving The Hobbit movies, especially The Hobbit, I feel for you guys who can see an end of the road but I for one am very pleased we have them to remember fondly not just in thought but on the screen time and again. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

bentbulldog":ua9007yq said:
It is the "story, tale, myth, legend, etc.." that draws us to these types of things and often people forget that movies are there to tell us a story visually. Just like you cant expect everyone to like the same book, the same goes with film.
When it comes to books made into movies, I have always thought it best to treat them as two separate entities.