The last knife I made and the last knife I will be posting.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only have 2 of the knives I did. One I made for my dad back about 95 shortly before he died. I was lucky my stepmother returned it to me. It's a little Damascus skinner with desert ironwood scales. Wish I had the sheath that went with it but like I said I'm just glad I got the knife back. The bigger one was a broken boyonet. That one was some of the hardest metal I've ever tried to work in my life. It cleaned up well though and holds an edge that just won't stop.

Thanks for sharing!! Both very nice knives, but I really like the knife you made for your Dad. Which is now a family heirloom. In your spare time make a leather sheath.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Eventually I will but I won't ever be able to recreate the first sheath. It had beautiful woven leather lacing up the stitched side and with the arthritis I won't put myself through that kind of pain again. I'll just throw together a utilitarian piece. As I recall I spent 2 days lacing, to do that now would be more like 2 weeks lol.

Dont stop showing your Babies, if you enrich one person you have accomplished much. Don't hide your special talents. Whew for a Cajun that's saying a lot. :pipe:

CAJUN
I truly appreciate your comments. It's because of members like you from time to time I've still been posting pictures of some of the knives I made in the past. Have a great week and be well, Ted

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Cajun
A real beauty, thanks for sharing!! I've made a few with Stag handles, perfect for ( hidden Tang )  gutting or skinning. I prefer full tang for most other uses.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

I'm computer challenged, did not know how to add stuff to picture, it's his first knife, made from a lawnmower blade, little skinner, he made the sheath, I believe the reason he gave it to me is I hang onto stuff, he loses it, HaHa. It's nothing special but he's getting there. You got a gift, show it to the world.

@Lonecoyote: Your knife is absolutely UNIQUE!
b020.gif