The Mellow Monk is now available!!!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d4klutz

Reaction score
A while ago, I was sending out samples of a new blend called "The Mellow Monk". It is blended by Justforhim.com . I am not affiliated with them in any way, but I do love this blend. It is now available on their website under their custom english blends section. Apparently, it is Perique, Latakia, and a base of burley, all blended to be one of the sweetest, most mellow, english blends I have ever tried. I have over a lb cellared in jars right now. I figured I would let you know.

d4klutz":jaov1744 said:
A while ago, I was sending out samples of a new blend called "The Mellow Monk".  It is blended by Justforhim.com .  I am not affiliated with them in any way, but I do love this blend.  It is now available on their website under their custom english blends section.  Apparently, it is Perique, Latakia, and a base of burley, all blended to be one of the sweetest, most mellow, english blends I have ever tried.  I have over a lb cellared in jars right now.  I figured I would let you know.
Didn't even notice the Perique in it but, that explains why I like it I reckon. ;)
Good ta know sir, thank you.

This is the most wonderful "English" blend I've ever tasted!!

The burley is right there, up front, delicious nutty flavour but I can also taste some chocolate and black coffee. The perique is way back while the latakia is way, way back in the last row of the concert hall. A perfectly balanced blend at a very good price.

Thank you bro' d4klutz for introducing me to this jewel of a tobacco :cheers:

I've ordered 16oz already.

d4klutz, I keep forgetting to try the sample you sent me. It is jarred so no worries, but you guys have me intrigued. I'll put that at the top of my "to smoke list" and let you know what I think. I'd light a bowl now, but I just finished a bowl of FMotT. It might be the perfect blend for the job tomorrow though.

I've never tried The Mellow Monk but it's on my must buy list, which seems to be growing longer by the day. Certainly longer than I can afford to spend each week.

Thanks for the tip D4!

I was fortunate to try one of JP's samples and found this to be really unique. It is a very smooth and flavorful smoke with a lot of chocolate notes and something subtle that I swear tasted like orange peel. I'm gonna order more soon.
Mike.

MichaelM":f8uel7zs said:
I was fortunate to try one of JP's samples and found this to be really unique.  It is a very smooth and flavorful smoke with a lot of chocolate notes and something subtle that I swear tasted like orange peel.  I'm gonna order more soon.
Mike.
I agree, mine is already on it's way :cheers:

Oh, this is sooooooo good! Best burley I've ever tasted :D Can't put the pipe down.

I have had a bunch jarred for about 3 months. I cracked it open last night as it got down into the 40s here. It was really good. So, this morning, it being 41 degrees, I prepped a bowl in my Oom Paul Sav and sat in my rocker on my front porch with a cup of hot coffee. I watched the deer play in my yard and in the woods next to me. What a wonderful smoke and enjoyable morning!

My impressions of this blend have only changed slightly. Moisture right out of the jar was perfect. It packed easily. The Latakia stands a bit more forward now in tin note. Upon light, the Latakia steps out a bit immediately, but quickly drops back down to a well balanced campfire note with the perique. It is sweet, but not sickeningly so. The spiciness of the perique is there, but is tempered by the nuttiness of the burley. It is oh so wonderfully blended! This baccy also gives off copious amounts of smoke no matter how little I sip on it. It makes for a very fulfilling smoke for sure. Great for cold weather.

d4klutz":kzwhudnf said:
I have had a bunch jarred for about 3 months.  I cracked it open last night as it got down into the 40s here. It was really good.  So, this morning, it being 41 degrees, I prepped a bowl in my Oom Paul Sav and sat in my rocker on my front porch with a cup of hot coffee.  I watched the deer play in my yard and in the woods next to me.  What a wonderful smoke and enjoyable morning!

My impressions of this blend have only changed slightly.  Moisture right out of the jar was perfect. It packed easily.  The Latakia stands a bit more forward now in tin note.  Upon light, the Latakia steps out a bit immediately, but quickly drops back down to a well balanced campfire note with the perique.  It is sweet, but not sickeningly so.  The spiciness of the perique is there, but is tempered by the nuttiness of the burley.  It is oh so wonderfully blended!  This baccy also gives off copious amounts of smoke no matter how little I sip on it.   It makes for a very fulfilling smoke for sure.  Great for cold weather.
I can only agree with everthing you said. :lol:

Couldn't agree more. A really remarkable smoke. Thanks for pounding the drum on this one. This is one - of so many reasons - why I love this board. Thanks again!

I smoked my second last bowl of this wonderful tobacco this afternoon. Thank you once more, d4klutz, for intoducing me to TMM. Now I only have enough tobacco left for one more smoke of the ample sample you sent me.

My order of 16oz is sitting at the post office depot in Johannesburg, have no idea of when it will reach me. The strike is still in full force.

Whenever I smoke this blend, I just can't put the pipe down until the last crumb is gone. I can't believe that tobacco can taste so good. Honestly, this is the best I've ever had.

Ok I just had to give this a try and just ordered 4 oz. I'm really looking forward to this one.

Well darn. I got an email last night from justforhim.com stating they can't ship tobacco to WA. state. What The Frederick? So I guess I'll have to cancel my order, I really wanted to try this blend.

RobJ":v3t7fm58 said:
Well darn. I got an email last night from justforhim.com stating they can't ship tobacco to WA. state. What The Frederick? So I guess I'll have to cancel my order, I really wanted to try this blend.

Rob, check your pm box.

Cheers,

RR