the Million Dollar snap Shot!!!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puros_bran

Reaction score
26293_1428676122390_1397443387_1217.jpg

By my dear friend Eddie Broughton. a Rainbow ending at the Ft Knox Vault.. Priceless!!!!

I guess the leprechauns were right, there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

You mean there's only a million dollars left in the vault ?

Hardly worth a heist nowadays...

I giggled and then thought to myself, "Oh, how cool." Thank you for sharing. =)

You'd be surprised what is and what isn't in there Puffs..

(I'm not claiming special knowledge, just History Channel stuff and ex- guards rumors, plus a little urban legend)

The Crown Jewels of most the 'free' Monarchys have resided there at various times.. Historic Documents out the wahoo... Paintings.. Sculptures.. Of course Gold (much debate over whether its still there or not). My deceased father-in-law suggested that the removal of the gold was one of the bigger disinformation campaigns he ever witnessed..

This much I do know.. Had my friend set there more than a minute or so MP's would have been talking to him...and probably would have removed his camera from him.... For whatever reason they frown on people taking pics..lol..

The parts of the system that aren't classified are amazing.. For example, the system (for the most part) disregards vehicles moving up and down US 31.. But if you stop.. Alarms go off.. It disregards movement at the proper speed in the proper direction, but actually knows when a moving thing quits moving, a non-movin thing starts moving, or something is moving in the normal manner... Pretty cool..
There are many firing positions in the building itself, but it supposedly has a fact reaction company ready to go at a moments notice with larger sized units capable of 'mounting up' in short order.
I've been told, and I've seen in the movies (you know its real if its in a movie..lol. ) that they can flood the vault in mere seconds...

Basically they know your coming, they are in a far superior position than any attacking force could be.. Notice the very long field of fire it has from sitting on a bald knob.. And to top it off heavy elements can be called up almost at will... And in a prolonged battle I imagine elements from the 101st Airborne (airmobile) would be omsite pretty fast.. Ft Campbell is a very short distance away via helicopter/airplane..

Basically anything short of a Heavy Division or two with cloaking technology is going to have a very very very bad day.

All I can think is: "Goooooooldfinger... he's the man, the man with golden touch..."

Yet a airplane can hit the pentagon and, if not for some courageous passengers, the White House...

Yes Doc, I was thinking of goldfinger :lol:

The difference is Vigilence Puffs... Nobody except the people that carried that attack out, Tom Clancy, and the Brains that ran a simulation doing the exact same thing several years before it happened ever thought someone would attack the US with Passenger Jets..

I assure you that you can not go 5 minutes outside my house without hearing Helicopters or Low Flying airplanes.. Can't help but believe theres probably a CAP up there wooshing around in near space... Awful lot of assests gaurding an empty Bald Knob eh????

LOL Probably houses the 'Black Governmet' all my fellow crackpots think runs the show... :affraid: :affraid:

Very cool image! Thanks for sharing!

I don't know about Fort Knox's security, but I imagine it's not unlike the layered security approach they use at the Y-12 facility in Tennessee. PB got it right when he said "they know you're coming".. They spend millions of dollars to know who and what is within a ten-mile radius.

I somehow think that they would have to call on Fort Campbell, I show that currently the following units are stationed at Fort Knox:
3rd Infantry Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division
3rd Sustainment Command (Expeditionary)
19th Engineer Battalion
16th Cavalry Regiment
1st Squadron
2nd Squadron
3rd Squadron
194th Armored Brigade
81st Armored Regiment
1st Battalion
2nd Battalion
3rd Battalion
15th Cavalry Regiment
5th Squadron
46th Infantry Regiment
1st Battalion
2nd Battalion
34th Military Police Detachment
46th Adjutant General Battalion
95th Training Division (formerly 95th Infantry Division)
113th Band
Ireland Army Community Hospital MEDDAC
84th Training Command (UR)
70th Training Division (FT)
[7]
How many are serving elsewhere, and how many are "shadow" units I haven't a clue, but one would think at least some response could be mounted to any attempt to liberate the gold. LOL

Al (in Canada)

From what I understand theres a company sized force with heavy elements ready to go hot ASAP.. With a Battalion or Squadron (designation depending on unit) on +5.. I only said that about Ft Campbell because last time I spoke with someone on here about it (Ian) he got real stupid with his argument and I felt compelled to show that it aint gonna happen short of Technology that even GI Joe comics doesn't have (a leading leaker of US secret weapons)and ridiculous force sizes.. Sure you put an Armored Corps or two in there with an Air Wing for support your gonna screw someone's world up.. but how you gonna get something like that all the way to Ft Knox without someone decimating you, and even if you could get something like that there the cavalry would be on the way so fast it'd make your head spin..

Robbing Ft. Knox is for chumps anyway... the total value of the gold in the US Bullion Depository is $173 billion.

Just found a bank, run it into the ground, and the government will give you that much with a smile and a handshake.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That ones priceless....

@Doc.. Theres supposedly crap more valuable than gold in the vault.. I mean technically isn't the wielder of the crown jewels the King? Crack that bad boy open and pick a nation or two or three.. :D