The most unusual place or activity you have smoked a pipe

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bub

Reaction score
Most of us probably smoke a pipe while sitting in a chair, walking our dog, working in the yard, driving a car (truck) etc.
I fall into this category, but I also have a friend who smokes cigarettes while playing tennis.
So I was wondering what is the most unusual place or activity you have smoked a pipe?

I have caught both sailfish & tarpon with a pipe in my mouth. Actually, that's probably not that wierd.

While working out in my living room. While cooking, cleaning, just about any activity where smoking is allowed. While working outdoors as a carpenter's helper. This is much easier to do with cigarettes, but I have smoked a pipe while riding a bicycle.

Greenleaf":vimn30ly said:
This is much easier to do with cigarettes, but I have smoked a pipe while riding a bicycle.
If I ever got a chance to ride a Pennyfarthing bicycle (the olde-tymey kind with the giant front wheel) I think I'd have to go for the gusto and smoke a pipe while doing it. It would just be so right.

Unusual activity while smoking?

I'd tell you, but a gentleman does not kiss and tell...and neither do I, if you get my meaning.

There's a creek in a park near where I live, but it's about 50ft down from the main trail so you have to walk down, where behind a waterfall, there's a natural gas patch, called the Eternal Flame (original name, huh?). Then most people climb back up, I did this with the pipe in my mouth.

There is an older gentleman that I see from to time to time on my way to work, and he rides a bike while smoking an aluminum pipe. He's always wearing a tweed jacket, a tie and a hat, and I want to be him when I grow up!

On police patrol. Always while driving the RMP (Radio Motor Patrol) and even sometimes on a fixed post such as a road closure. Now and then a stick also. That of course was in my youth...ha ha Mid '80's through '90's. My buddies and I always "relaxed" at work before and after a hard day at home depending on tours. Took our breaks in local fire stations. Each one had a man cave. Sweet memories....

Viet Nam, 67, Chu Lai, on guard duty. Pipe was OK, cigs...nope...they could see the ember. Pipe ember is down in the bowl. I didn't smoke cigs anyway, just my pipe. To this day I swear it kept me awake.

Playing Golf. I love to smoke my pipe while shooting double and triple bogeys. I also wear a tie, tucked in. I look like the OLD FART that I am.

In the public shower at work when I was doing manual labour. Held the pipe in my mouth upside down. It also started as a bit of a joke but worked well enough for me to continue doing it.