The obligatory hello

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawke

Reaction score
Hawke here, pipe smoking for a bit over a month now I guess. Im sold and see no chance of going back to anything else. I have a few Kaywoodies and Yello Boles that Ive started off with. Still finding my comfort zone fully but off to a good start on what I like.

Virginia Flakes and Latakia tones. Dan Tobacco Independence is pleasant to me. I like a little nose burn on exhale. Im not a spicy food eater but do like the horseradish effects. I havent tried Perique yet. Still getting some tongue irritation but its waning off as I learn to puff slower. Of the OTC brands Carter Hall is used to blend with my flakes sometimes. Ive found putting some CH on the top of a bowl gives a coal to get the flakes going quicker with less relights. I am about to try letting my flakes dry out more, even to the crispy side to test that style.

Anyway, Hello Gang
Hawke

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MGtMwU8wDmc" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hello and Welcome to the forum from John in NJ.  :cheers: 

Welcome to the brotherhood.

A nicer group of folks you won't find anywhere, but here.

Good afternoon to you Sir. Welcome to the art of blissful relaxation...! It'd be good to share notes Hawke as I'm starting out too. PM me anytime or pop them on a thread...

Welcome to BoB! I hope you have a great time here; hope to see you posting about

"T"

Welcome, nice to see someone starting off on the right track and going straight for the virginia! You've skipped a few steps not trying aromatic after aromatic wondering why you can't get a good smoke. Enjoy your piping.

PAD will kick in soon, and pretty soon your yello-bowls will be your knockarounds!

I have been smoking pipe and cigars off and on for about 20 years. I enjoy flake's and crossovers. and only just recently began to smoke "english" blends. I have been a Pastor since 1999. Just wanted to say hi :)

NewMystic":o7lbnjbh said:
I have been smoking pipe and cigars off and on for about 20 years. I enjoy flake's and crossovers. and only just recently began to smoke "english" blends. I have been a Pastor since 1999. Just wanted to say hi :)
Another man o' the cloth! Welcome...

Welcome, Hawke. Glad to see you here. Any questions you have can be answered here!

NewMystic":5h6wa1q9 said:
Hi! there are a couple of other pastors here as well. Welcome, and feel free to start your own thread. Either way, I hope you enjoy your time here

"T"