The passing of a hero.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puff Daddy

Reaction score
Patrick F Mcmanus, the outdoor humorist who motivated many a young boy to tramp onward into the outdoors and cherish the mishaps that will undoubtedly unfold, has passed away. The world will be a lesser place without him  :cry:

2u41wqt.jpg

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/apr/13/beloved-humor-writer-patrick-mcmanus-dies-age-84/

Not heard of him PD (my ignorance) but he sounds like a chap after my own heart.

Saddened to learn of his passing.

Even if you do not know who Patrick F. McManus was. Many people will be familiar with the artist, Al Hirschfeld, that contributed to many of the McManus columns in Outdoor Life magazine. It was a monthly game of immediately going to the back of the Outdoor Life and trying to quickly find all the hidden NINA's in the art, before reading McManus's column. :lol:

These men, and I speak of more than McManus. Skeeter Skelton. Elmer Keith. Jack O'Connor, & Bill Jordon. They all had a way of speaking, writing, that was damn fine entertainment. There were others too. McManus being younger seems to make his passing harder. Perhaps because he was little older than some of us.

It's been a long time since I've read his books/columns, but as a young boy, he kept me very well entertained. He was a class act, RIP.