The Pipe Maker's Guild, Los Angeles

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a reminder: this Saturday (June 23rd), is the second meeting of the Pipe Maker's Guild, at my shop, here in Los Angeles (see the last post for the details). If you're interested in coming by, let me know and I will PM you some more info. Thanks again!
Frank

This looks like an exceedingly good time. I hope to attend some day.

Hey BoB'ers,
Just wanted to update you on the progress of this last pipe I was working on and to let you know that the Pipe Maker's Guild will start having regular meetings again starting in September (took a little break for the summer--as it's just too dang hot here in California).

Here's a pic of the pipe I was working on (a pot shaped pipe, the hand turned tenon of which I broke by, you know, dropping it on the floor by mistake).
TakeshimaPot5.jpg

And here's what it looks like now, all complete:
TakeshimaPot1.jpg

TakeshimaPot2.jpg

TakeshimaPot3.jpg

TakeshimaPot6-1.jpg

I've been outfitting my shop some more and organizing over the summer. Working on an Olive wood Poker right now and hope to have that one done faster than I did this one (which took forever). I will post some pics of that one soon as I have something to show that looks sort of like a pipe.

If you're interested in joining us to make some pipes, either next month or somewhere down the line (next meeting will probably be mid-late September), let me know (either here, or PM me) and we'll save a spot for you. There's no charge and I have enough tools so you can make yourself something that resembles a pipe. Heck, it might even smoke like a pipe, too!

Thanks again,
Frank