the proposed tobacco tax increase..

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
puros_bran":jthh1955 said:
If I could afford a life time supply over the next month or so $25 a lb would not scare me.
Me either, but unfortunately I am not in that boat!

Python":fp1wc9jg said:
There is an option on the petition where you can send physical letters as well. At the end you can choose to send the letters as well as the e-mail. It cost $3.00 per letter.
I have 3 representatives so it cost me $9.00. That is only the cost of 1 tin of tobacco. It is well worth it.
Send the letters as well, it will have a greater impact.

http://www.rallycongress.com/stop-the-pipe-tobacco-tax/2826/stop-pipe-tobacco-tax/
I sent the email petition letter yesterday, but tonight I went back and had the paper letters sent as well. $9 well spent even if we don't get the tide turned, at least I took part in the process.

TA76 Yellow Pryor
Another good heirloom tobacco that is excellent for blending pipe tobaccos, also does well for cigarette blends too. We really like this one for pipes when flavored with our Captain Black Type flavoring.

TA116 Tennessee Red Leaf
A fast growing, high yielding tobacco with large leaves that cure to a red color, excellent cigarette and pipe blend.

TA05 Orinoco
A tall tobacco with thick textured, crinkly leaves that produces a rich brown pipe tobacco that is a favorite of pipe smokers worldwide. Also makes a good blending tobacco for cigars and cigarettes.\

TA68 Frog Eye Orinoco
Frog Eye Orinoco is one of several varieties derived in part from the original Virginia Orinoco. While it makes a good cigarette blend and cigar filler, our customers tell us that it makes an excellent pipe tobacco, and seems best suited for this purpose.

TA41 Havana 503B
One of the most popular cigar varieties for home growers. An excellent pipe tobacco, it also makes a good chewing tobacco. Will grow 6-7 ft. tall. Cured leaves have a reddish to light brown color. Cured leaves have a silky texture like long rye that makes a good covering for cigars. Has a pleasant, mild aroma and taste much preferred for cigars.

TA63 Wisconsin Seedleaf
A lot of growers use this for a cigar binder, which it is excellent for, but several of my pipe smoking growers tell me that a blend of Wisconsin Seedleaf and Havana 503 makes for a smooth, delightful pipe tobacco that is easily flavored with food flavorings. Plant grows about 5 feet tall with broad leaves. :D

TA76 Yellow Pryor
Another good heirloom tobacco that is excellent for blending pipe tobaccos, also does well for cigarette blends too. We really like this one for pipes when flavored with our Captain Black Type flavoring.

TA116 Tennessee Red Leaf
A fast growing, high yielding tobacco with large leaves that cure to a red color, excellent cigarette and pipe blend.

TA05 Orinoco
A tall tobacco with thick textured, crinkly leaves that produces a rich brown pipe tobacco that is a favorite of pipe smokers worldwide. Also makes a good blending tobacco for cigars and cigarettes.\

TA68 Frog Eye Orinoco
Frog Eye Orinoco is one of several varieties derived in part from the original Virginia Orinoco. While it makes a good cigarette blend and cigar filler, our customers tell us that it makes an excellent pipe tobacco, and seems best suited for this purpose.

TA41 Havana 503B
One of the most popular cigar varieties for home growers. An excellent pipe tobacco, it also makes a good chewing tobacco. Will grow 6-7 ft. tall. Cured leaves have a reddish to light brown color. Cured leaves have a silky texture like long rye that makes a good covering for cigars. Has a pleasant, mild aroma and taste much preferred for cigars.

TA63 Wisconsin Seedleaf
A lot of growers use this for a cigar binder, which it is excellent for, but several of my pipe smoking growers tell me that a blend of Wisconsin Seedleaf and Havana 503 makes for a smooth, delightful pipe tobacco that is easily flavored with food flavorings. Plant grows about 5 feet tall with broad leaves.
:D

puros_bran":py2f6qoi said:
If I could afford a life time supply over the next month or so $25 a lb would not scare me.
Well, a "lifetime supply" for some of us is less than it is for others :)

But that said, I consider a distinct possibility that excessive taxation (and this would be excessive) may drive some of my favorite makers out of the business.

-Andrew

Very True Big A.. Very true, and I didn't mean that as a slap at you.. Just a cry of dispair.

And as to 'going out of business'... I've seen a lot of new business ventures popping up from names that we all know and love... Makes me wonder..

puros_bran":26ht2osn said:
And as to 'going out of business'... I've seen a lot of new business ventures popping up from names that we all know and love... Makes me wonder..
Please, do tell!

I was the 8th from Michigan to sign the petition. The same legislation passed with respect to RYO tobacco last year, so I'm not holding my breath.

Kapnismologist":5mp5atpo said:
puros_bran":5mp5atpo said:
Please, do tell!

Kap I'm not sworn to secrecy or anything but I'm sure the parties involved would much rather break their own news to the world as opposed to having a semi-illiterate hillbilly like me doing it for them.

puros_bran said:
Kapnismologist said:
puros_bran":s66crnr7 said:
Kap I'm not sworn to secrecy or anything but I'm sure the parties involved would much rather break their own news to the world as opposed to having a semi-illiterate hillbilly like me doing it for them.
Not even a hint (and then I can go off and do my own research)? If not, I'll wait it out of course!

place the worm on the hook and drift it slowly downstream ,,,,