The Re-release Dunhill

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brentona

Reaction score
I have smoked some of the originals, nothing past murray though and mostly lane. But this re-release stuff is top notch. It really is. For what the tobacco is, Dunhill name aside, you have some great weed there. If you take the tobacco at face value and not compare it to the Murray and older you will be very satisfied.

My all time favourite tobacco has been Nightcap (I conned it Nightcrack). The re-release sates my appetites and I find it immensely enjoyable. Partly because it is now readily available and I can smoke its brains out. The new 965 is a great balkan as well, it pays homage to the old stuff in the sense that it is a full bodied balkan. It has nothing on York Full though (Compton's blend).
The Navy DeLuxe (imo) kills escudo. Both in price (haha) but in flavour, burning, and it's behaviour in the bowl.

-- Brent

I saw that some of the old Dunhill tobacco was re released, I just haven't gotten around to trying yet.

In consideration of the handful of new Dunhill blends I have tried since the re-release I agree with you. I haven't really been disappointed. I've been smoking the blends for over 30 years. Like you said, at face value, this is some very decent weed.

Lou

I like London Mixture. I can't compare it to older versions, but the new one is nice.

My favourite line of tobaccos and has been for for over 20 years.

If they just bring back Elizabethan Mixture, I'll be one hapy tamper.

KevinP":wb2nnb2j said:
My favourite line of tobaccos and has been for for over 20 years.

If they just bring back Elizabethan Mixture, I'll be one hapy tamper.
You and me both!

I know that neither of my local tobacconist carry Dunhill tobacco and after looking around the net a bit it seems like slim pickings as well. Hopefully there will be some available in the near future.

Midnight --

What is it that you are most wanting to try from Dunhill?
My B&M carries
Nightcrack (lol)
Navy Rolls
Flake
Medium Mix
London Mix
and 965

There might be something else, but I'm not sure

Thanks B,

Iwan Ries seems to have a nice supply of what I was looking for, Early Morning Pipe, My Mixture 965, and Night Cap.
These were the first tobacco's I smoked. I sure do miss them , sounds like the new stuff is nice, we'll see.

Midnight Blues":cva9dc24 said:
I know that neither of my local tobacconist carry Dunhill tobacco and after looking around the net a bit it seems like slim pickings as well. Hopefully there will be some available in the near future.
My B&M is willing to do a mail order, we have 965, EMP, Nightcap, Standard Medium, Mild, London Mix, Yacht, Navy Deluxe Rolls, and Flake...I might be missing some. But like I said, Midnight and everyone else, give a call or better yet stop by!
It is located in Bel Air Maryland...the phone number is : 410-734-4494

-- Brent

Nice to get feedback from the experienced dunnie fans, looking forward to trying some flake and nightcap is benchmark stuff.

dubinthedam":tu6lrwdb said:
Nice to get feedback from the experienced dunnie fans, looking forward to trying some flake and nightcap is benchmark stuff.
The re-lease of nightcap is phenomenal!

I still have the old stuff, Nightcap and Apperitive, and I love it. I have not try the re-released versions. I really loved the old stuff because it was kind of mild and distinctive. Nowadays, tobacco usually comes with some added strenght. I hope this is not the case with Dunhill s.

I really need to get some of the Dunhill stuff. I know I won't experience the original deal, but I've heard enough good things about the new stuff I guess it's time. With that in mind I guess I need to do a full tour with the next TAD order.

I'm excited to try EMP and Nightcap; heard lots of great things thus far.

I got a tin of Nightcap the other week and its very good. I've never tried the original so I can't compare but I'm definitly going to pick up some more of the re-releases. EMP and the Navy Rolls are on my list.