The (Rebuilt) Collection so far.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreadgerbil

Reaction score
I had a very small collection of awesome pipes when I moved to America. Unfortunately, they all got badly damaged when I moved over here. (Suitcase was badly handled.)
I started rebuilding my collection slowly and now have double the pipes I had.
I've also decided to refine my collection a little. From now on I am going to be focusing on getting pipes either with a Scottish name or of Scottish brands. (To remind me of home.)

So here are my pipes so far.

This is the collection as a whole.

DSCF2378-1.jpg

My two cobs. Both MM's. Very nice smokes.

DSCF2380.jpg

Unnamed Rhodesian which I like and a Kaywoodie rustica which I don't smoke a lot but loved the look of.

DSCF2381.jpg

A Duke of Dundee squared Billiard and a Duke of Dundee Apple. I LOVE both of these. Great smokes.

DSCF2383.jpg

A beautiful 40's Grabow gifted to me by Kieverryuu and a lovely Grabow Duke which is an amazing smoke for the price.

DSCF2384.jpg

A Medico Freehand (Brylon but actually smokes well) and an Arlingtom Custom Imperial Briar. (Cheap buy for throwaway purposes but surprised me by being one of my best smokes.)

DSCF2385.jpg

A Buffalo shaped Meerschaum which may or may not be giving me chemical burns and an unnamed sort of Oom Paul that I love but needs some repair work.

DSCF2386.jpg

An unnamed and very fancy sort of Bulldog which I really love. Great smoke and a nice large bowl.

DSCF2387.jpg

Love that misidentified Rhodesian (actually a straight bulldog)... they're one of my favorite shapes. 8) I have three no-name or unknown-named variants... all of them stellar pipes.

Kyle Weiss":ghukrh79 said:
Love that misidentified Rhodesian (actually a straight bulldog)... they're one of my favorite shapes. 8) I have three no-name or unknown-named variants... all of them stellar pipes.
LOL. I'm not even going to get into the Rhodesian vs Bulldog argument. Glad you seem to enjoy them. I got that one as a replacement when the one I originally ordered was broken before they could ship it and I'm actually pretty happy with it. It's a great smoke for the garden.

Dreadgerbil":vx05vcsl said:
LOL. I'm not even going to get into the Rhodesian vs Bulldog argument. Glad you seem to enjoy them. I got that one as a replacement when the one I originally ordered was broken before they could ship it and I'm actually pretty happy with it. It's a great smoke for the garden.
Right, fair statement. It is the Internet, after all. I'm into perpetuating the rumor square shank = bulldog, round shank = Rhodesian, bowl shape notwithstanding. You can call it an effing platypus and I'll still think it's awesome. Smoking my leather-wrapped straight 'dog* right now. 8)

(*...I mean, platypus...) :p

I love both of those Duke of Dundee pipes. Right up my alley. Traditional with a touch of weird.

TheSmokeamater":rplhrvsb said:
I love both of those Duke of Dundee pipes. Right up my alley. Traditional with a touch of weird.
I really enjoy them and am always keeping my eye out for more. Although, I have to be honest, every one I have come across is filthy. They usually require a grinding tool to get out the years of uncleaned cake. The first one I couldn't even fit my pinky in!

That's a manly-looking collection, DG. I love that '40s Grabow. It's hard to tell from the angle but it looks a lot like a Kaywoodie 82, sort of bulldoggy in an art deco way, with a blunted triangle cross-section to the shank. Am I right, or am I just seeing things?

George Kaplan":9z3ywcw0 said:
That's a manly-looking collection, DG. I love that '40s Grabow. It's hard to tell from the angle but it looks a lot like a Kaywoodie 82, sort of bulldoggy in an art deco way, with a blunted triangle cross-section to the shank. Am I right, or am I just seeing things?
Why thank you. It's not a bad collection at all. I have my eye on a few others right now on 'The Bay.'

You're absolutely right about the Grabow. It's been one of my favourite smokes. Kieveryuu gave it to me and recently gifted me a lovely lighter, too.

Also, I just realised the last picture was a doubler of my Dundees so I corrected that. The last one is one of my favourite pipes. Just dashing, so it is.

Dreadgerbil":t7adtvpg said:
Also, I just realised the last picture was a doubler of my Dundees so I corrected that. The last one is one of my favourite pipes. Just dashing, so it is.
Ooh! That IS a pretty one! The gnarly-ness balances well with the fancy stem extension.
The Kaywoodie 82 (twin to your Grabow) is sort of my white whale. To me, it's the quintessential Kaywoodie from the company's peak era, not to mention styling that's an attractive example of early mid-century modern, right up my alley. I just never seem to be in the right place at the right time (with enough money) to add one to my rack. Kiev's got a good eye, as well as a generous heart. Enjoy it.

George Kaplan":pq9xx6wd said:
Dreadgerbil":pq9xx6wd said:
Ooh! That IS a pretty one! The gnarly-ness balances well with the fancy stem extension.
The Kaywoodie 82 (twin to your Grabow) is sort of my white whale. To me, it's the quintessential Kaywoodie from the company's peak era, not to mention styling that's an attractive example of early mid-century modern, right up my alley. I just never seem to be in the right place at the right time (with enough money) to add one to my rack. Kiev's got a good eye, as well as a generous heart. Enjoy it.
Thanks, GK. Hopefully you'll have some luck and catch your unicorn eventually.

Kiev's a swell dude. I was just mentioning to him I ought to look you guys up if I'm ever in Boise. 8)

Kyle Weiss":4gttj9sb said:
Kiev's a swell dude. I was just mentioning to him I ought to look you guys up if I'm ever in Boise. 8)
You definitely should. Boise's not a bad wee town.