The World's Strongest Beer

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc Manhattan

Reaction score
...made by Scottish waterfowl: Tactical Nuclear Penguin.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hs2dZddriBo" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ridiculous costumes (and Shallow Grave accents) aside, it's a pretty fascinating process: a stout, aged 18 months in scotch casks, then frozen (like an Eisbock), the unfrozen part carried over for further freezing (like a chilly Sherry solera.)

Enough talk; I want to try a pint...

At $66 for a single bottle ???
Sounds like something I'd like to try but not at that price.
My luck it would break during shipping......

$66? Yikes!

Then again, that's $6/oz... I've spent that on tobacco without grumbling.

Believe me, I wouldn't say no if my local beer distributor could get his hands on some. I'm just saying it would be a real pain in the arse to get a single bottle over here from Scotland. I'm sure if they can pull volume and get interest here in the States, they probably can get the price down.

Hell, I almost bought a $150 bottle of Sam Adams Utopias (27% ABV or 54 Proof) but my brother in law bought a bottle and we got to sample the offering a few years ago. Good stuff indeed, different more like an after dinner drink along the lines of a port / sherry.