Their here !!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monbla256

Reaction score
Smokingpipes now has the "new" STG/Dunhill re-make of two legendary Dunhill blends in stock !! The Aperatif and Durbar blends are now in stock! These were two VERY FINE English/Balkan style blends that I'm sure STG has done a good job recreating. I've ordered a tin of each as I used to smoke them back in the '70s especially the Durbar. They won't be EXACTLY as those of 40 years ago as the tbacco stock used today as well a s the processing done today will be somewhat different but if the efforts STG has done with the other Dunhill blends they make today is any indication, these ought to be VERY SIMILAR and GOOD !! :twisted: :twisted:

Durbar was awesome, as I remember, sharing its place only with Craven Mixture in my past regard. Those two swayed me from aromatics, early in my career as a pipeaholic. Reckon I'll bite.

Yes! I saw those two blends were being reintroduced! I missed 'em the first time around. Time to try them.

On a side note...

Monble":m7e26p9n said:
Their here...
I had to think about that one for a second. You outdid yourself that time! :affraid: :geek: :geek:

MisterE":3aixof8j said:
Yes! I saw those two blends were being reintroduced! I missed 'em the first time around. Time to try them.

On a side note...

Monble":3aixof8j said:
Their here...
I had to think about that one for a second. You outdid yourself that time! :affraid: :geek: :geek:
THANKS !! You are one of the few around hear who cares about spelling and grammar !! I LOOOOVE it when you "catch" me :twisted: :twisted:

I have a sample of each at home, but have yet to try them. I may break one out tonight and try it. I hesitated because of the latakia. I enjoy it when I am in the mood for it, or it is cold out. It has been too hot to smoke a lat blend lately (except Mellow Monk). I will definitely try them this weekend.

monbla256":yxylvz4z said:
MisterE":yxylvz4z said:

On a side note...

Monble":yxylvz4z said:
Their here...
THANKS !! You are one of the few around hear who cares about spelling and grammar !! I LOOOOVE it when you "catch" me  :twisted: :twisted:
I care. This is a brutal thread title mon. :albino:

I also care.

About five years ago (during the Dunhill shortage/embargo/whatever) I found a tin of Durbar at a B&M marked 1.2 off because it was old! I got it for $5. I ended up trading it or selling it or something, since I wasn't into English blends yet.

monbla256":94txnjlu said:
MisterE":94txnjlu said:

On a side note...

Monble":94txnjlu said:
Their here...
THANKS !! You are one of the few around hear who cares about spelling and grammar !! I LOOOOVE it when you "catch" me  :twisted: :twisted:
Just giving ya sheeeeit, mon! :lol!:

Don't change a thang...

I've been "saving" several Durbar tins from the "old' days!!! Just love this stuff!!! Can't believe it hasn't been made in eight years!!! Mine has to be at least that old, probably more like 10-12! May just have to pop a tin and compare the old and new!!! :cheers: FTRPLT