They don't make 'em like they used to!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R. M. Perkins":lceg5yfi said:
This is my 1968 Volkswagen Beetle ...
Friend of mine had one of those, the same year, only blue. He once called me to ask for a push to get it started. Seems he had been fishing and the car had rolled into the NY State Erie Canal. It floated for about 20 minutes, then sank. He managed to drag it out with a tow truck, brought it home, dried out the plugs and distributor, and called me. Took about two miles of pushing with my truck, the car coughed a couple a frogs or something out of the exhaust, and took off. He then went to college for four years and became an accountant. That's kind of a non-sequitur, except that I'm pretty sure it served him well for those four years and probably beyond.

Hey, I had a red 1969 just like that! My F-I-L had a red 1968 also. It looked cute to see both of those beetles in the driveway together. I always wondered if they would make any offspring! :shock: :lol:

WOW, this is an old thread that’s been reborn! Just to add my 2 cents, my next project will be to fully restore my Lazy Boy lounger From 1978. Yup, I’m the original ownwer and purchased this Lazy Boy that’s still in perfect mechanical working order. Well a few years back I did replace a few metal braces that I purchased from the factory. Now I have the time to re-cushion and replace the leather which I purchased in Spain a few years back. Still enjoy working with the hands God gave me!!

PS, R.M. Perkins your VW is a beauty. I have a fully restored ‘68 Pontiac Firebird. One day I’ll figure out how to post pictures.

Thanks, Sharpshooter.

And definitely post some pictures of your Firebird when you're able to. I'd love to see it.