things that bug me.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Falconer

Reaction score
Okay, so now that I've got the kiwi thing out of my system there's other things that really bug me. I hope I'm not the only one like this. :oops:

Green Vision Group has a red sign. :suspect:
Red Robin Burgers gives away blue baloons :x
Solani Silver Flake is in a gold tin.:evil:
Favre is Fav-rey not Far-vuh :twisted:
Henry in French sounds just like ornery out here on the plains :tongue:
Why isn't Arkansas pronounced R-Kansas! :confused:
How can there be three? Flammable, inflammable and noninflammable? either it burns or it don't. :?:

I'm sure there's more. Some things just chafe my hide!

Falconer":bc9m85hn said:
Okay, so now that I've got the kiwi thing out of my system there's other things that really bug me. I hope I'm not the only one like this. :oops:

Green Vision Group has a red sign. :suspect:
Red Robin Burgers gives away blue baloons :x
Favre is Fav-rey not Far-vuh :twisted:
Henry in French sounds just like ornery out here on the plains :tongue:
Why isn't Arkansas pronounced R-Kansas! :confused:
How can there be three? Flammable, inflammable and noninflammable? either it burns or it don't. :?:

I'm sure there's more. Some things just chafe my hide!
Thank you. I was going to raise that same question but didn't think it deserved a separate thread :x

I'm listening to the Gunsmoke radio series on my mp3 player as I fall to sleep each night. Every other episode, or so it seems, Mr. Dillon and Chester are riding through the R-Kansas.

Yeah, we Kansans call the River the R-Kansas. Colorado, Oklahoma and Arkansas call it the Arkansaw. The Kansa Indians named it the Arrowhead of the Kansa, thus Ar-Kansas River.

Why is it all right to say d__n on broadcast television and not f___? An eternity of fire and brimstone is less vulgar than making whoopee?

Why do you drive on a parkway and park in a driveway?

Why won't these darn kids stay off my lawn?

Where did I put my drink?

Falconer":vfu3zbxq said:
My 100g tins of Silver are indeed silver...

The price of Silver Flake is certainly evil though :(

It's Okay, relax man. From your Avatar you look tired! :D Your drink is next to the rim.

Piet, it's time to rise Bro! Chelsea Morning, coffee on the side and a whimsical reply.

Falconer":z9se763d said:
Piet, it's time to rise Bro! Chelsea Morning, coffee on the side and a whimsical reply.

Fear not brother, I'm here!!!!!!!! As always you are up late and I am early!!!!!

Falconer..... you're a madman brother....... I like it!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
ok.... here's one............

Why is butter served in coffee coffee shops so hard that you end up buttering the plate through your fresh slice of toast.....

:affraid: :affraid:

And why does the bread always fall buttered side down?

Moved to Texas at 20. To Houston...Pronounced HUGH-stun. Came from New York which has a Houston Street, pronounced How-STun ( The stress is actually on the "T" and I can't figure out how to do that. ) I have never been able to explain to the people here that if they live in a HOUSE and not a Hughse that they're just way off base. ( ...and then they just accuse me from being from Boston. Funny, they can actually pronounce that.... BOSS-stun not BEAU-Stun).

Thank God "GIDDIUP!" is universal...

( Oh, and pineapple on Pizza... heads should roll...)

abbacab":nzetomhn said:
And why does the bread always fall buttered side down?

Less wind resistance on the buttered side helps it to hit the floor quicker. Plus the additional weight makes that side heavier.

This bugs me:

there vs their vs they're

your vs you're

It bugs me even more when I screw them up.

products manufactured in china
cut throat politics
pseudo womens libbers
shipping, processing and handling charges that cost more than the item
mandatory tire disposal charges when you take the old tires with you
aggressive car salesmen insulting my intelligence when purchasing a new vehicle
people who argue for the sake of argument
religious hypocrisy
excessively long lists of things that bug people,,, :lol!:

TallSmoke":jnu6vijl said:
This bugs me:

your vs you're

I get SO FRICKEN mad at myself when I do that... Which is quite often. Totally know the appropriate use of them but damn if I don't type it wrong all the time. I even screw up know and no sometimes.

jhuggett":0711yn95 said:
TallSmoke":0711yn95 said:
This bugs me:

your vs you're

I get SO FRICKEN mad at myself when I do that... Which is quite often. Totally know the appropriate use of them but damn if I don't type it wrong all the time. I even screw up know and no sometimes.
You don't youse spell cheque?

Slow Puffs":h6qhf7hf said:
You don't youse spell cheque?
Spellbound

I have a spelling checker,
It came with my PC;
It plainly marks four my revue
Mistakes I cannot sea.
I've run this poem threw it,
I'm sure your please too no,
Its letter perfect in it's weigh,
My checker tolled me sew.