This bloody lack of snow!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Briarbabe

Reaction score
Now I know that everyone is just out of their minds with joy over how mild this winter has been, but I can't take it anymore. I need snow!

I suffer from S.A.D. each winter, but this winter has been absolutely horrific! These gray, cloudy, foggy days with no light are really taking their toll on me. I've doubled my vitamin D and magnesium intake to try and ward off my SAD. I'm tired and sluggish and in a mood often and I know it's lack of sunshine.

On top of which it's the end of December for crying out loud, this weather is not natural! I want snow! I'm used to snow and cold and wind. This bloody weather is really wearing me down, I can't be the only one that feels this way. I long for bright mornings of freshly fallen snow, cold crisp air, hats and sweaters!

Am I the only person who is tired of spring this winter? :x

Be careful what you wish for. ~ Old Spanish proverb, or something.

I do miss sliding the car sideways to wherever I'm going, and watching the road salt take the fenders and doors. Other than that, I'm good.

Richard Burley":6zki78za said:
Be careful what you wish for.  ~ Old Spanish proverb, or something.

I do miss sliding the car sideways to wherever I'm going, and watching the road salt take the fenders and doors. Other than that, I'm good.
You got that right Richard, I'm almost certain it'll come to bite'er in the rear. ;)

Cartaphilus":vks7hbm5 said:
Richard Burley":vks7hbm5 said:
Be careful what you wish for.  ~ Old Spanish proverb, or something.

You got that right Richard, I'm almost certain it'll come to bite'er in the rear. ;)
I sure hope it does too Cart! I'm the jerk that's still smiling when we get a blizzard in April. :D

It's thin on the ground in the UK and Europe too, most especially the Alps. I'm meant to be teaching a skiing in the French Alps next week... it's not looking good.

Not a good year for the skiing industry. I hope you get some snow, Stick.

The snows here were late last year, and may be again this year. Going through my photos of last year and February and April were really white....

We'll see...........

I don't really mind the snow it's the bloody cold that gets me. Still about 8 inches of it in the yards here. I can seriously do without the -10 at nights though. Especially since I have to be out in it. Hope you get some much needed snow there BB. Stick I'm afraid you might be out of luck until later in the season.

Jim

Found some! Well, lots actually. Alps, France, 90cm fell yesterday. We're good to go...

That was my way of saying "enjoying riding that vintage Honda in this nice weather" - A sunny, 50 degrees today!

eklektos44":okp78a15 said:
riff raff":okp78a15 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8T_PQoTC30

I'm enjoying the warm days - we've driven quite a bit in the MGB, top down (including Christmas morning).  Plus, smoking my pipe in the garage has never seen a warmer December.  
I don't see any MGB in that video.. :tongue:

It's been a blessing and a curse for me this year. I've been taking some carpentry jobs on the side, and everyone seems to wait until autumn to have their roof fixed. Since autumn effectively lasted until Christmas, I was working right up through December 23rd. (Hence my recent absence from BoB.) Right now I'm at the end of a week off from both my jobs, smoking a bowl of Christmas Cheer while watching the snow finally fall.
Peace be with you, brothers.

George Kaplan":t3deo833 said:
It's been a blessing and a curse for me this year. I've been taking some carpentry jobs on the side, and everyone seems to wait until autumn to have their roof fixed. Since autumn effectively lasted until Christmas, I was working right up through December 23rd. (Hence my recent absence from BoB.) Right now I'm at the end of a week off from both my jobs, smoking a bowl of Christmas Cheer while watching the snow finally fall.
Peace be with you, brothers.

Been wondering where you'd gone George, and now we know. Thanks for the update and good to hear from you.

Cheers,

RR

riff raff":yqt5qy63 said:
That was my way of saying "enjoying riding that vintage Honda in this nice weather" - A sunny, 50 degrees today!

eklektos44":yqt5qy63 said:
riff raff":yqt5qy63 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8T_PQoTC30

I'm enjoying the warm days - we've driven quite a bit in the MGB, top down (including Christmas morning).  Plus, smoking my pipe in the garage has never seen a warmer December.  
I don't see any MGB in that video.. :tongue:
Yes, that has been the good part, I haven't winterized my bike yet. ;)

It's my fault. I bought new shovels for the deck, walks and steps. Plus new bags of sand. And another roof rake, since the missus hollers when I make do with one by carrying it through the house to get to the back. So I was completely and totally prepared for snow. Can't say I miss it though.

Unlike years past, our annual Christmas holiday trip to Md, Va, & NC had great wx, no snow, and no ice/sleet :D We did have a bit of snow two days ago in OKC. No ice/sleet thank goodness. Already had two episodes of that in the Nov/Dec!! :cheers: FTRPLT