This feels weird.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Lowry

Reaction score
I have somewhere around a hundred pipes. (I'm too lazy to count them, I'm just going by the empty spaces in the racks 'cause I can remember that one holds 36 and the other holds 75.) I decided a couple of weeks ago to thin that down to something more like 30-50, 'cause who the hey needs a hundred pipes, especially when at least half get ignored? I thought about putting some on this here board, but I hate multiple trips to the post office. I finally settled on an Ebay test and sent seven to Steve Fallon to handle, just to see how it goes. That fits in well with my aforementioned laziness, since he'll take the photos and keep track of everything.

I gotta tell ya, it feels strange to ship pipes away. Even though they weren't pipes I smoked anymore, I'd gotten accustomed to their faces, if you will. Know what I mean?

I think you may end up feeling sorrier after there sold. About tens years ago I sold off all mine with the exception of maybe five and have been kicking myself ever since then. I've now have 3 times as many as you and still haven't been able to retrieve several that I use to have. :fpalm: :( 

Rob_In_MO":g1b6mfr2 said:
Andy Lowry":g1b6mfr2 said:
I am a man. But I can change. If I have to. I guess.
Love the Signature line.  The Red Green Show - Possum Lodge creed if I remember correctly?
It's the Man's Prayer, yes. Keep your stick on the ice!

Cartaphilus":1dv5t003 said:
I think you may end up feeling sorrier after there sold. About tens years ago I sold off all mine with the exception of maybe five and have been kicking myself ever since then. I've now have 3 times as many as you and still haven't been able to retrieve several that I use to have. :fpalm: :( 
Two of them I actively disliked, and the rest no longer suited my preferences. If it turns out that I still need to have a bunch of pipes around, why then I've made room for new stock-- and what's more fun than a new pipe?

I understand, well I reckon I'll have to check out what your getting rid of.
Hope you get what there worth sir.

Cartaphilus":73ko9c2a said:
Thanks-- say, what it is it you're looking for? Maybe I have one!

Fr_Tom":h3ai096t said:
I have never sold a pipe. I have given some away, and some have gone awol, but this selling thing...  
I know what you mean. I'd make a terrible capitalist. This is the first time I've put anything up for sale. My last two old cars got donated to PBS rather than doing a trade-in...

Andy Lowry":51x45ewf said:
Cartaphilus":51x45ewf said:
Post them here in the trading forum Andy. You'll certainly get some action.

Perhaps from me even!

:rabbit: 

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":9dvpk30v said:
Andy Lowry":9dvpk30v said:
Cartaphilus":9dvpk30v said:

Perhaps from me even!

Cheers,

RR
Too late-- already sent the box out...

It's a '77 1/2 bent Tanshell, an undated 1/8 bent Wiley grade 55 pot with zebrawood shank, a GBD New Standard Collector pot (from the sixties), 1997 1/4 bent Tinsky/American calabash shape, 1/2 bent Comoy bulldog, and a Peterson Deluxe 9S from 2003. There will also be a tin of 2001 GLP Raven's Wing, if anybody likes that kind of thing. ;) 

My pipes are like my guns. Once they come into my possession that's where they stay. I wouldn't buy them if I didn't want them. Now after saying that I'll probably want sell one next week.  :lol: :roll: 

AJ

Andy Lowry":6jnajjew said:
Brewdude":6jnajjew said:
Andy Lowry":6jnajjew said:
Cartaphilus":6jnajjew said:

Perhaps from me even!

Cheers,

RR
Too late-- already sent the box out...

It's a '77 1/2 bent Tanshell, an undated 1/8 bent Wiley grade 55 pot with zebrawood shank, a GBD New Standard Collector pot (from the sixties), 1997 1/4 bent Tinsky/American calabash shape, 1/2 bent Comoy bulldog, and a Peterson Deluxe 9S from 2003. There will also be a tin of 2001 GLP Raven's Wing, if anybody likes that kind of thing. ;) 
Well then, I'm out since I don't do the e-bait thing.

Looks like pipestud got some great pipes to sell. Hope you do well on them though.

Cheers,

RR

Andy Lowry":88uw40zc said:
Cartaphilus":88uw40zc said:
Aw gees, that's even hard for me to say. I don't claim one brand or style, just what ever blows my skirt up.

Andy Lowry":q1lrjjsc said:
Rob_In_MO":q1lrjjsc said:
Andy Lowry":q1lrjjsc said:
Love the Signature line.  The Red Green Show - Possum Lodge creed if I remember correctly?
Well as far as the sale goes...

Remember, we're all pullin' for ya.

JKenP":9jgei46l said:
Andy Lowry":9jgei46l said:
Rob_In_MO":9jgei46l said:
Andy Lowry":9jgei46l said:
Well as far as the sale goes...

Remember, we're all pullin' for ya.
We're all in this together.

I know how you feel; I've sold off a bunch of pipes over the last few years. I'm down to about 50 and have a few more that probably need to go. It does feel weird, but I wasn't enjoying them and it seemed a shame for somebody not to.