This is my favorite time to smoke!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Falcon65

Reaction score
I love this time of night...I am sitting in my driveway looking at the stars, sipping Earl Grey Tea and smoking SG perfection from a 47' Kaywoodie Relief Grain that I refurbed myself. All I can hear right now is the chorus of night bugs. Talk about peaceful!!!!

Sounds nice!
Earl Grey really seems to compliment some blends.
Oh, and this...
ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn...

Your familiar with good ol Howard Phillips,are you! Wait till you see the Lovecraft pipe that Stephen Downie is going to make for me. It is going to be amazing. He is an awesome pipe maker and seems to great guy too.

Falcon65":pdfalxub said:
Your familiar with good ol Howard Phillips,are you! Wait till you see the Lovecraft pipe that Stephen Downie is going to make for me. It is going to be amazing. He is an awesome pipe maker and seems to great guy too.
Oh man, I am seriously jealous--Downie's stuff is amazing! You gotta mix up some kind of Innsmouth blend for the occasion...

There is something almost magical about sitting outside at night, smoking your pipe. The star-filled sky and chorus of Bugs and Critters complete the experience.

Good Times...

8)

Yes. Summer evenings can be great times to sit out and enjoy a bowl. You can just let your mind wander and be still! :D

Yes. Summer evenings can be great times to sit out and enjoy a bowl. You can just let your mind wander and be still! :D

GrampaGrossbart":pjon6ydq said:
Falcon65":pjon6ydq said:
Oh man, I am seriously jealous--Downie's stuff is amazing! You gotta mix up some kind of Innsmouth blend for the occasion...
Innsmouth blend sounds great!

Falcon65":tihgjgq2 said:
I must ask would Innsmouth blend have a "fishy" room note?
Hmmm, a base of rare Orientals for the Mad Arab Abdul Alhazred, some burley from the Blasted Heath, a pinch of Inspector Legrasse's private perique, with a bit of nori sprinkled on top?

Rob_In_MO":4lnf8c9c said:
There is something almost magical about sitting outside at night, smoking your pipe. The star-filled sky and chorus of Bugs and Critters complete the experience.

Good Times...

8)
I agree, I love it when it's STILL 97deg. at 10:pm, humidity is at 70%, and the wind is blowing from the south at 2 mph. Ahhh, summer, the WORST time of the year :p

monbla256":7n2qxman said:
Rob_In_MO":7n2qxman said:

Good Times...

8)
I agree, I love it when it's STILL 97deg. at 10:pm, humidity is at 70%, and the wind is blowing from the south at 2 mph. Ahhh, summer, the WORST time of the year :p
:D :D :D

exactly what i was thinking--my night excursions with pipe in hand occur November thru March

I love an early morning Summer smoke on the patio or late in the evening.

monbla256":52jxsw6y said:
Rob_In_MO":52jxsw6y said:

Good Times...

8)
I'm with you, and I'm not even dealing with southern weather (this year's been brutal, even in Ohio, though). I do like outdoors evening smokes though - especially in the early spring when the bugs and frogs are still making plenty of noise (then again, the near-silence of early winter is pretty nice, too!).

Maybe I'm the odd man out here, but my favourite time to smoke is an early morning on the weekends when the sun comes up. I'm an early riser and love this time of day when the whole world around me is silent and the birds are singing their morning songs.

This is when my palate is at it's freshest. I normally choose something like a straight VA (JP Virginia Squire or Quad VA comes to mind) or PS LTF or Bullseye.

I make some fresh ground strong black coffee like Sumatra Mandeling or a dark French Roast and fire up the first bowl of the day. Just relax, read BoB or the newspaper and feel lucky to be healthy, employed, and satisfied in my career and still pursuing musical endeavours.

:drunken:

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":eiz8lx9l said:
Maybe I'm the odd man out here, but my favourite time to smoke is an early morning on the weekends when the sun comes up. I'm an early riser and love this time of day when the whole world around me is silent and the birds are singing their morning songs.

This is when my palate is at it's freshest. I normally choose something like a straight VA (JP Virginia Squire or Quad VA comes to mind) or PS LTF or Bullseye.

I make some fresh ground strong black coffee like Sumatra Mandeling or a dark French Roast and fire up the first bowl of the day. Just relax, read BoB or the newspaper and feel lucky to be healthy, employed, and satisfied in my career and still pursuing musical endeavours.

:drunken:

Cheers,

RR
agreed BD--early mornings are a special time--i remember them well--

but after 30 years of rising at 0300 to go to work, i have opted for a bit later rising time-- :D

still, when on a rare occasion i am required to be up and about at sunrise i still remember the special quality of early mornings--
i also agree, that first pipe of an early rise is almost always special--

WB

monbla256":go91qb1m said:
Rob_In_MO":go91qb1m said:

Good Times...

8)

Gripe and Complain, you grouchy old fart. Nothing is ever good enough for you, is it? :mrgreen:

A man could give you a free Beer and you'd gripe about the brand...

:lol!:

Yes - it is somewhat seasonal. The summer here is brutal as well, 103+ for a week and a half - and not cooling off enough at night. Spring and Fall is the best time to sit outside and enjoy a smoke, although winter isn't bad either.

Sitting around the Firepit and smoking my pipe is what really does it for me.

Early morning pipes give me the best temperature here in Alabama. In the evenings it is still in the 80's and 90's here. Around 7:30am I usually get to smoke the first pipe and it has been in the 70's each day with a gentle breeze.

Definitely early mornings for me.
As much as I like the idea of having a nice evening smoke,
it's never as pleasurable as a morning smoke with cup of Earl Grey.

It indeed can be nice that way, when it's not too hot/humid. And not breezy. Except for the mosquitos from the creek about 100 yards down the hill . . .

Here in front of the computer, on the other hand, with the air conditioner going and the cleaners, pipe nail &c. handy, it's rarely less than optimum.

Diff'rent strokes maybe.

:face: