This is what boredom got me!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crafty

Reaction score
An African blackwood and briar tamper.

Well, I was waiting on some glue to dry on a turning blank I had just put together and looked around the work bench at the odds and ends from various projects. A small piece of African Blackwood, a small cut off of briar and a spare brass tube from pen making. Put it together and this is what I got. Gave me a lot of ideas. I know this 1 isn't a fine finished item but just goofing around.

Approx. 3.5" long with the tamp end roughly 5/8" and the other end a scraper. If you have ever messed with blackwood I have no doubt that it is hard enough for the job.

I REALLY like that - a lot. Very nice work, Crafty.

If that's just goofing around, I can't wait to see what not goofing around, and a fine finish, will produce - because that look very finely finished to me.

Superb!

After I turned the ends and fitted to the brass tube in the briar, a light sanding then buffing with red trip and white diamond. No stains or carnuba the blackwood was just epoxied in with 5 min.