This pipe continually outdoes itself...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsKot

Reaction score
That's right, it' my beloved Stanwell. I got it just as they were switching from Denmark to Italy, so I'm lead to believe it's one of the last true danish Stannies. It's one of the more rare shapes out there too, the 63M, and every time I smoke it I fall more and more in love with it. Not only is it a GREAT flake pipe, it has some of the best grain I've seen on a factory pipe, but as far as I know all the danish 63's I've seen are clad in spectacular grain, so I know I'm not alone.

Here's some crappy Droid pictures, trust me they don't do it any justice, just gotta show off one of my favorite pipes!

It looks large. can I get the dimensions? I love big pipes and that one is especially beautiful

It's actually on the smaller side, it's a little under 6 inches from heel to mouthpiece, no more than 1.75 inches tall and the chamber is about .75 inches in diameter, tapering down in typical conical fashion. I think it was the perspective more than anything.

itsKot":pow7xh1b said:
It's actually on the smaller side, it's a little under 6 inches from heel to mouthpiece, no more than 1.75 inches tall and the chamber is about .75 inches in diameter, tapering down in typical conical fashion. I think it was the perspective more than anything.
interesting. Well I l;ove it. Congrats

That pipe seems proud of itself, so I'm not surprised. A beaut. 8)

Wow your right...she does have some nice grain. I love Stanwell pipes myself. Thanks for sharing :cheers:

I have a made in Denmark Stanwell that I bought about 5 months ago from an online retailer that had some left lting around. I have 8 pipes that I smoke regularly and it is the best out of all of them. Does anyone have experience with the made in Italy Stanwells?

I have a Danish Stanwell that I bought in Denmark and I love it. Yours rocks as well. When did they shift production to Italy?

Steve