Thought I would share my pipes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JVickers43

Reaction score
I'm new around here and fairly new to pipes. Over the past few months these are what I have collected. It has become a little bit of an obsession for me but hey I'm enjoying it.

IMAG0308.jpg

From top left clockwise.
1. Charatan's Make
2. GBD bulldog (estate pipe that i cleaned up and refinished)
3. My 1st attempt a carving my own (I call it the flower pot)
4. Roma
5. Parker Jockey club
6. no markings other than a yellow dot (another estate pipe that I got and rusticated and re-stained)

Before and after of the GBD bulldog (top is before, bottom is after)
Bulldogbeforeandafter.jpg

I'd give my eye teeth, if I had any, for that GBD dawg. Nice! So are the others but the dawg is my pick of that litter.

Great job on that GBD dog! Lets see a close-up of the Charatan, another favorite maker of mine.
A very nice start to your collection.

Wow ! Vicker, you did that refinish on the GBD?
That is an awesome job !

Very Nice Indeed !

Heck, I kind of like the "flower pot" carve job you did. The GBD bulldog is also choice. 8)

riff raff":wd5kf7m9 said:
Great job on that GBD dog! Lets see a close-up of the Charatan, another favorite maker of mine.
A very nice start to your collection.
here you go.
IMAG0319.jpg

DustyRoundup":wd5kf7m9 said:
Wow ! Vicker, you did that refinish on the GBD?
That is an awesome job !

Very Nice Indeed !
Yes I did, and thank you very much. My one regret with it was that I was not able to get the blasted part of the pipe (black) deeper into the grain (rougher surface). I need to get some more course media to put in my blasting cabinet. oh well

3. My 1st attempt a carving my own (I call it the flower pot)
That's too cool. I've never seen anything quite like it. Carve another and sell it.

Nice job on the GBD, hope it wasn't an old one. Love the Charatans, the Lane and prior pipes are great smokers.

Smoker99":ojofchmh said:
Nice job on the GBD, hope it wasn't an old one. Love the Charatans, the Lane and prior pipes are great smokers.
from what i can tell it was from the early 70's. maybe?