Thought I would use some Deer Antler

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Hester

Reaction score
I always try to do something I never done before it was fun, thank you for looking

Best Regards
Richard

Does the stem actually fit to the antler or is there some internal system through the antler? Just curious, I like it Brother.

juanmedusa":n7ngg0fj said:
Does the stem actually fit to the antler or is there some internal system through the antler?  Just curious, I like it Brother.

I used delron in the antler so the bit goes in it now it wont get lose by removing the bit then I countersunk the bit just a little bit since the antler was slanted. Thank you for looking

Best Regards
Richard

That's a really nice pipe Richard! I would imagine it was a challenge to find just the right size antler to match the flow of the lines of the pipe.

Dutch":4f1rje80 said:
That's a really nice pipe Richard! I would imagine it was a challenge to find just the right size antler to match the flow of the lines of the pipe.

I guess I got lucky last Sunday my wife and I went to a flea market and there was a guy selling antler. I hope to make a few tampers from the points but the buttons was small enough I thought I would try and use it on a pipe. It was a lot of fun making this pipe, thank you for looking.

Best Regards
Richard

Lovely looking pipe there Richard, really like the use of the antler. It looks to set the pipe off wonderfully.

Nicely done Sir.

Seldom see antler as a stem accent, which is a shame because it looks great.

Really like what you've done with it Richard, and the pipe is no slouch either!

8)

Cheers,

RR

I thank you all for the kind words. I do like to use other materials such as the antler, horn and bamboo sometimes I get lucky. Thanks again for looking.

Best Regards
Richard

Great pipe and the antler really makes it special. Congrats! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I can't remember ever seeing a pipe with the antler. I like it a lot and think this is one of your best ideas. Keep it up. :)

AJ

Thank you brothers for the kind words. I give it to a old friend of mine so looking forward to seeing how she smokes. I still have a few antlers left so I will try to make a few more just for the fun of it.

Best Regards
Richard