Thought Of PEE BEE today

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eggman

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I went to a auction this morning in New Madrid Mo. After sitting there for several hours and the wife and I buying some crap that we really did not need. We decided we were hungry.

So we took off to Sikeston Mo. to Lamberts Cafe. I recalled a post on here that PB, Mark and a couple others and I talked about this place and I told the wife about it. So after about 25 - 30 mins worth of driving we arrived at 2:30 pm. I figured that at that time it should net be too busy. Boy was I ever wrong. I counted 4 buses and more cars and bikes that I would ever care to count. There was way over 100+ just standing outside and who knows how many inside waiting. There was a hour and 45 min wait according to the girl taking names if everything went smoothly. But would probably be at 45 mins longer than that according to her.

Needless to say, we did not wait and went to Ruby Tuesdays. Had a great meal and was almost back home in the time it would have took to get a table and eat and get out of there.

It's funny sometimes how you can do something or think of something and it reminds of some of your posts and conversations you have here. PB if you had of shown up today there would have been nowhere for you to park your Rig.

Frikkin hilarious. You know what we almost did last night?

Road trip to Sikeston to eat there today.

Instead we went to Teavana, The Apple Store, and Logans Roadhouse up in Louisville.

No Kidding. That's pretty funny there. Have not talked about it in over a year and almost end up there the same day. I want to go back and eat sometime soon. The girl told me that they are not that busy during the week. She also said Sundays are the worst day to show up there. If it ever cross's your mind again hollar at me maybe we could have a little bob meet up there or something. Although not too many people still active around this area I think.

kj4unx

The next time it's too crowded in Sikeston, you can just drive on down to Foley and get your throwed rolls here. :lol:

Rad

I've had them there thrice.

Foley was actually the store where I discovered Lamberts.

Might need to plan a road trip to Foley. If there are antique stores and/or a good auction there would be no problem with getting the XYL to go for it.

There is all kinda crap there.

Rad can probably help more than me but there's a craft village right off the waterfront a little North West ?? Of there.
Tons of outlet malls right in town and up near I-10.

There's even a liquer store that had about 30 tins of Orlik era Dunhills last time I was there.

Foley is 480 miles from me. Well that might be to far for a road trip. But I will be in the destin area next June so who knows might stop in then. I don't think she will go for the "I need to run to the liquor store" excuse. Since there are several of those store within 15 miles from here.

Haha, I think of PB a lot actually, which is weird considering.

On road trips, I like to see how many rig drivers I can get to honk their horns at me. So if a 24 year old brunette in the passenger seat ever motions for you to honk, wave hello. =)