Thoughts on Balkan Sobranie virginia #10

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vaperfavour

Reaction score
well I finished the 5th tin of this Penultimate of cigar blends last night and I have some thoughts. This is not a review because of the differences of age in these various tins. they ranged in age from the 60's ( this was expensive) to the last years this was made. Of course taste is subjective but I found this superb blend was so good because of the virginia's. It is almost like the the virginia's were forefront, then the cigar and then latakia and the orientals were "peppered" in. of course age had something to contribute but I wonder why the virginia's in this were so good. imho all current cigar blends don't have enough virginia. I wonder if those fortunate enough to have smoked this think the same thing? It also seems that the latakia, which I think was of the Syrian variety was slightly peaty, just the slightest hint of salt that danced on the tongue. well, let's hear from the brothers!

It was just one of a kind stuff, Vape. Lived on Va10 for years, and pestered GLP to recreate it to the point where I'm surprised he didn't block my e-mails.

His Robusto is capable, under the right circumstances, of coming surprisingly close to the taste it had -- there's a half pound of it here that'll be opened at the five year mark with this in mind. The new stuff shows flashes of similarity to its flavor at times already.

http://glpease.com/BriarAndLeaf/?p=41

But it's not a flake leaking oily oriental residue and, until it's had some time to meld, it's a little like a room full of kids playing cowboys & indians. New, the component flavors are very intense ones that (maybe it's just me) have fatigued my tonge by the time I reach the point about halfway through a bowl where they (probably) merge. In fairness, other people don't have this happen to them.

Lost and Gone Forever, I'm afraid. More's the pity.

Sob !

:face:

hey yak, great minds really do taste alike! my thoughts on robusto mirror yours EXACTLY! maybe with much time that softness and certain something will come about. anyone else?

vaprflavor, i could not agree more your palet is really quite refind, it is good to see such an open mind when it comes to different tobaccos and pipes thanks for all the valued advice and thanks for all the samples ---KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK