Thoughts on Dunhill the Aperitif?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobJ

Reaction score
On a whim I bought a tin of this many months ago, tried it and wasn't very impressed ultimately so I put the tin aside. Truth be told I've never been a big fan of Dunhill blends, I've tried many over the years but never really got on with any of them in a lasting way.

So last week wanting something I don't smoke regularly I popped open the tin and for whatever reasons I find I'm really enjoying this blend. Enjoying it to the point of ordering up a few more tins and buying a jar for storage. Crazy.

So does anyone else have any impressions of this blend?

Rob,

I haven't tried it but your post has me somewhat intrigued, because I don't care much for Dunhill's mixtures either, and since you're enjoying this one, perhaps I will as well...

The last time I tried it was when Murray's was blending all of Dunhill's blends and did enjoy it but there were others of theirs which were more to my liking such as Durbar or London Mixture. STG/Orlik has done a fine job with the new versions of their blends so I would imagine this would be the same. It was a sort of Balkan Lite for me but I was smoking LOT"S of BS 759 back then and almost ALL Balkans were "lite" in comparison !! :twisted: :twisted: