Thoughts on Frog Morton?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benmarcum

Reaction score
as i mentioned in an earlier post, i am looking to start buying some tins of tobacco. What are your alls thoughts on the frog mortons blends? There is no where to buy tins here in town and i am just curious as to what some of you think before i order some.

Many thanks yall!

I'm probably a poor indicator here as I don't much care for McClelland's tobaccos in general save X-Mas Cheer, Anniversary and some of the PCCA blends. I just think there's better stuff out there for the money. I've tried all of the Frog blends and probably liked "On The Town" the best. For truly great english leaf I would consider looking into Hermit Tobacco Works blends which are distributed through Cornell & Diehl.

I don't like any of them or very few other McClelland's blends for that matter. I left a tin of FM on the shelf with the top off for almost a year and it didn't dry out. Not for me!

Unlike Walnut that is pure wholesome additive free tobacco????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

puros_bran":jvn9lxz0 said:
Unlike Walnut that is pure wholesome additive free tobacco????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
That's right!

:lol!:

A LOT of people like Frog Morton (and the rest in the series), so if you are considering trying the Frog, you should probably just go for it. Frog Morton is a good starting point if you are not familiar with English/latakia blends.

Frog Morton on the Town is one of the nicest orientals out there. You gotta try it. It has some light, delecate and naturally sweet flavours that make it stand out to me in that category.

Sorry, it seems as if I'm resurrecting a relatively old thread. Maybe the OP is still interested.

I just had my first bowl of Frog Morton today and absolutely loved it. It's really my first foray into the English blend and I was quite impressed that it tasted much better than it smelled in the tin. It burned nicely too.

Try McClelland 5110 bulk, to me it taste just like FMOTT at less then 1/2 the price

I agree with Duke, 5110 bulk is pretty much the best bang for the buck and nearly identical to Frog-MOTT ;)

Frog Morton Across the Pond is my newest obsession. I do like a good medium strength english type blend (BLACKPOINT!!), and FMATP is nothing like it. But I love Morton and his trek across the pond nonetheless.

No one does VA's like McClelland (IMHO), and the distinctive taste of the McC VA's paired withe the nutty Orientals and the sublime Syrian Latakia (nothing like Cyprian in my opinion) make for a deep, sweet, wonderfully smooth and smoky blend that shifts with every puff.

TRY IT!!

:D

I just tried my first Frog Morton this week and loved it. Interestingly enough I wasn't blown away by Dunhill Flake or Full Virginia. I immediately loved Frog Morton and Boswells Northwoods. Does this mean I like English blends?

McCleland makes some of the BEST English type blends/mixtures and the Frog Morton series are good. If you want to try more of the traditional Balkan style of blend/mixture I would recomend their Oriental #14 as probably their BEST in this area. It's VERY close to the old Balkanan Sobranie 759 which was one of THE benchmark Balkan type blends.

Trout Bum":mfqbkt73 said:
A LOT of people like Frog Morton (and the rest in the series), so if you are considering trying the Frog, you should probably just go for it. Frog Morton is a good starting point if you are not familiar with English/latakia blends.
Agreed. You will get mixed opinions on the frogs, but they are definitely a set you should try for yourself before letting a positive or negative judgement by someone else have any actual effect on your opinion.

Frog Morton is a must have for me - plenty of all forms in the cellar...

Sorry to bump an old thread, but Frog Morton Rocks!

I was bombed with a sample of Frog Morton Original, and it's Great! I thought On The Town was good, and it is, but this is even Better!

Gonna have to get more of this stuff some day. 8)

This stuff could easily be an all-day smoke.

Yeah...it was one of the first lat blends I tried, and was completely hooked. The tin says something along the lines of being rich and full but smooth enough to smoke all the time (or something like that)...nail on the head, in my book. LOVE this stuff.