Thoughts on Recent GBD Acquisition

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dramatwist

Reaction score
Bros,

I began smoking a pipe in the early 1970s.

A friend and I (and this friend is my friend to this day) began by declaring the day after Christmas our personal "Pipe Day".

At that initial day and declaration, we had ourselves a revel! Beer, a good meal, a trip to a local B & M for pipes and/or tobaccos to try and evaluate. A wonderful thing it was, to discuss the various merits/demerits of the tobaccos available at that point in time. We observed this tradition for many years.

Time marches on... and good things, inevitably, go by the wayside.

Back and forth we went, sampling Aromatics, English... anything we could secure. Arguing, smoking, more beer, discussing, smoking some more, more beer... a fine time it was.

We have both grown old now, and live far apart.

A recent GBD acquisition triggered these memories.

We talk almost weekly now, and realize that the freedom of youth and the pipe-smoking times we shared have become a part of our our eternal memory.

There is something eternal in all of us.

Very Best Regards,

It's all about the journey, not the destination.  ;) 

Thanks for sharing and yes, do enjoy that special GBD!

Sounds like a true friend there brother! Enjoy that GBD and the memories it brings you.

Jim

Great story. The old GBD pipes have a way of making a pipe smoker's life better.  :D 

AJ