Three Nuns

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sstodvictory":gt81utyh said:
Mighty fine looking Sasieni you have there.

Steve
Thanks! It was my last pipe acquisition of 2010. Hopefully I'll be able to ring in the new year with it. :drunken:

hobie1dog":pxa03jzi said:
Is that still a current blend you can buy?
It doesn't have American distro, so it's buyable, but will require some jumping through hoops.

3 Nuns has changed manufacturers over the years, with the usual discussion, comparison, and nostalgia that go with it. You will have to buy vintage if you want Bell's make. (I haven't tried it in any incarnation, so it's all greek to me.)

MisterE":bc89i509 said:
Dude, I want that Sas Canadian... really. Sell it to me.... ;) ;)
Oh, you don't want that pipe. It's old and bumpy, and...old :lol:

I've never had any Three Nuns either. I'm just attracted to the simplicity of the packaging. I'm kind of shallow in that way.

Awesome tins, sweet Sasieni!

"None Nicer" -- gotta love it.

I've historically been oddly attracted to old and bumpy. :lol:

"Awesome tins, sweet Sasieni!

"None Nicer" -- gotta love it."

Same here. I try new blends and always compare to Sasieni. It's a favorite just below Penzance in my ratings. It's my "come back to" blend on a regular basis. Always keep five tins in the cellar.

Piet gave me a tin of 3 Nuns for Xmas. A student of his had bought it in Germany (for 15 Euros!). It's available, but expensive. I was once given half a tin by a chap who returned from Switzerland. It really is very, very good. In my book, better than Escudo & even Scottish Cake.

Muddler":ayx8mxnk said:
Piet gave me a tin of 3 Nuns for Xmas. A student of his had bought it in Germany (for 15 Euros!). It's available, but expensive. I was once given half a tin by a chap who returned from Switzerland. It really is very, very good. In my book, better than Escudo & even Scottish Cake.
That's good to know! Thanks Muddler! :cheers:

The sight of those Three Nuns containers made my mouth water!!! What a great blend. Used to be one of my great favourites, back in the day.

WHAT is Mr Pease waiting to provide the real replica? Yum. An encouraging thought.