Three Oaks Syrian - Sounds Lucious

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And in re:
mattia76":p0gn43o4 said:
My palate isn't sophisticated enough to differentiate the 3 Oaks Syrian, Blue Mountain, Legends and McClellands Bulk Dark English Full.

All I know is that I've had many many good bowls of ALL of them, and very few bad bowls--which is way more than I can say for Dunhill's Latakia blends.

I don't know how they do it, and maybe McClelland adds some stuff than Dunhill would not. Maybe it's the water. I just know our boys from KC bat a much higher batting average for me when it comes to "English" blends than the actual English do.
I'm in full agreement. I enjoy Nightcap quite a bit, but it's not the Latakia in there that keeps me coming back, and everything else of theirs I've tried has been spotty, Lat-wise. Just picked up McClelland's Wilderness, and one bowl into the tin I'm sold. These two and another blend are what's given my novice taste buds the impression that Syrian Latakia is my jam, a theory I'm quite enjoying putting to the test.

CarterHallJunkie":0aoqdtb9 said:
raf66 -

Have you ever smoked Rattray's Red Rapparee? If so, how do they compare?
I like both of these very much, there are similarities but they stand alone. My wife likes the room note of the Rattray's Red Rapparee better but in taste I enjoy them both.

How does 3 oaks syian compare to syrian star? Syrian star is on of my favorites.

Bill

3 Oaks Syrian is a delicious English blend, but not quite as good as Wilderness (IMO, of course). My one complaint is the same I have about all of McClelland's English mixtures -- they are too mild for me.