three wheeled five speed buggy

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark

Reaction score
My wife quit riding on the back of my motorcycles many moon ago. Mostly my fault I guess. I grew up with bikes and had a couple S&S powered Harleys but she was no fan of hauling ass. I wound up selling them and refinishing the kitchen.

When Can-Am brought out the Spyder I tried to convince her she would feel safe (or safer) aboard but it was a half hearted attempt cause I think they're pretty dorky and I let it go.

Now Polaris has a "dune buggy-ish" side by side that looks like a lot of fun. More of a sports car feeling minimalist toy. I need to research it (safety, handling, options,) (speed) but she hasn't rejected the idea. Take a look and see what you think.

http://www.polaris.com/en-us/slingshot/experience

My girls love them. We came across one in a parking lot and they thought it was the batmobile.

20150810.jpg

I'd love to ride again. Rode many bikes through 13-some years, including a Harley '52 Flathead Chopper, '75 Kawasaki 900 Z-1 (toured all over the country on this and it never ever let me down), and a '87 Honda Shadow 1100 V-twin. To name a few.

Now that I'm one-eyed I have absolutely no bizzness on a bike. 2 or 3 wheeler.

Pity, that.

:cry:

Cheers,

RR

A friend of mine once described any 3 wheel vehicle as having all the disadvantages of both a motorcycle and a car but, none of the advantages of either.  :D :D The Polaris thing is a "slingshot". I think they look cool but I couldn't justify owning one. They seem a bit toy like. For the money they are asking for those things you could pick a nice convertible car. Then you could put the top up if it started raining.

Having said that. Riding around in one will get you lots of attention. Which can be good and bad depending on your perspective.