Tinning tobacco...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wet Dottle

Reaction score
...in tins, not mason jars.

I have found a few bulk blends that I would like to add to the cellar. There aren’t tinned versions of them, therefore that is not an option. I don’t want to use glass or plastic containers. After an extensive search on the net, I found a few options that use actual food-grade tin cans that are sealed by manually-operated tools. Some are similar to the tins used by C & D. I would like to know if anyone uses a tinning set-up of this sort. If you do, how does it work for you and do you recommend it?

Wet Dottle":w5gh26md said:
...in tins, not mason jars.

I have found a few bulk blends that I would like to add to the cellar. There aren’t tinned versions of them, therefore that is not an option. I don’t want to use glass or plastic containers. After an extensive search on the net, I found a few options that use actual food-grade tin cans that are sealed by manually-operated tools. Some are similar to the tins used by C & D. I would like to know if anyone uses a tinning set-up of this sort. If you do, how does it work for you and do you recommend it?
Do you have a link? I'm happy with Mason jars, but that sounds interesting.

Jack