Tinsky #12 vs 2012 Christmas Pipe Comparison?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wintermute

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the Tinsky #12 catalog shape and the 2012 Christmas pipe? Size comparison, photos, smoking experience would be gladly appreciated!

What is the #12 catalog shape you speak of? Can't seem to find it on his website.

I have the '12 Christmas pipe shown here-

12_XMAS_BLT.JPG

Just finished breaking this in and it's a WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!

I've 3 Tinsky's and they're all fine smoking machines.

:sunny:

Cheers,

RR

I'm sure a call to Mark will get you all the information you seek..

wintermute":fkymjjw2 said:
The #12 can be found here...

http://ssl.cybersun.com/4Dscripts/webcatalog4disapi.dll/4dcgi/view?AMS-CAT012N~101661773~3

As you can see, it's a similar design (bent Rhodesian). But it's "less" bent (and possibly larger)?

I have a Tinsky #12, which is a squat, Danish-looking 1/4 bent Bulldog, and it's the best-looking, best-smoking pipe I own.
A great looking pipe wintermute. And very similar to my Christmas Blast.

I love mine, as I'm sure you do yours.

Smoke it in good health bro.

:geek:

Cheers,

RR

I have the Christmas pipe and I was thoroughly impressed by it.

I've got the 2012 Coral Xmas and a 1/4 bent Bulldog that are both great pipes.

femur":eq3h4rti said:
I've got the 2012 Coral Xmas and a 1/4 bent Bulldog that are both great pipes.
Smoked my '11 Tinsky Christmas buldoggy today. T'was a fine experience.

I like your new avatar femur!

:bom:

Cheers,

RR

Bumping this thread to see if OP ever pulled the trigger on a Tinsky.

I have a chronic case of analysis paralysis on Tinsky pipes - there are 3 models that I am torn between - and "buy all three" isn't an option.

Christmas 2011

ASP POY 2012

BoB POY 2012

Tim_McD":fgjxyl1j said:
Bumping this thread to see if OP ever pulled the trigger on a Tinsky.

I have a chronic case of analysis paralysis on Tinsky pipes - there are 3 models that I am torn between - and "buy all three" isn't an option.

Christmas 2011

ASP POY 2012

BoB POY 2012
I have these 2, and they are regular smokers for me. To wit-

Here is the '11 Xmas model I have-

11_XMAS_BL.jpg

And I was lucky to get the catalog shape on the BoB POY (yes, this exact one)-

BOB_2012_BT.jpg

Now, the ASP POY 2012 looks mighty fine too. But there appears to be 7 variations of them. Which did you fancy?

Me, I'd pick this one, only because I already have 2 dark blasts and a natural finish has always intrigued me-

ASP_2012_TB.jpg

And this one is very nice as well -

ASP_RHO_cab.jpg

Can't go far wrong either way brother.

Cheers,

RR

I am partial to the blast finishes, esp the dark, but over time I could see having a tan blast in the stable. I have seen pictures in other threads of natural finishes adopting a honey gold look from the tobacco, much like a meerschaum.

Just got to finish the taxes to see how much Uncle Sam is going to claim and then slowly build up the funds to make a Tinsky happen.

Ughhh,Please please please stop posting pics of the Mark Tinsky '12 Christmas pipe. I'm desperatly fighting the urge to order. :(

CigarKen":3rclvkvz said:
Ughhh,Please please please stop posting pics of the Mark Tinsky '12 Christmas pipe. I'm desperatly fighting the urge to order. :(
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

:rendeer:

Cheers,

RR

I have now started on a path that will likely end.....well, when the money's all gone. A coral bulldog 5X

Tinsky1_zps40e0353c.jpg