Tinsky Cutty/Hawkbill Hybrid

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

operaguy2570

Reaction score
Brethren,

This is a new acquisition from the great Mark Tinsky; the design is original to him as best we can tell. It commands attention and will have a very proud spot among my other wood. I am interested in hearing you opinions of the design.

Warmly,

Scott

now that's something to sing about operaguy! gorgeous!

Interesting to look at. Forward-canted bowls look good hanging on the face, I think, at least the couple that I own do. I am wondering though, if that pipe has a burned rim in its future.

Steve

Nice pipe! Very unique.

Are you an opera singer? My girlfriend is a lyric coloratora soprano-in-training. :)

Jack,

Yes I was a professional opera singer for about 13 years...I still sing but I am in semi retirement at the moment. Would be interested to know more about you and your gf and where she is studying.

We are in Brooklyn, and she is getting her Masters at Brooklyn CUNY where her voice teacher (Bill Woodruff) teaches. She will be done in May, and is currently applying to young artist programs, in fact she has an audition tomorrow and later in the week! So if any of them work out, she will probably wind up doing some traveling, while I find a sort of "home base" with a nice pipe den. :) I probably won't stay in Brooklyn after she's done, and I am thinking either moving back to DC (where I grew up), or somewhere else where I can find a job.