Tips on an eBay pipe? (KAYWOODIE)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthonyx2b

Reaction score

Just bought this on eBay, its been used. Just curious on tips to get this puppy ready to smoke.

Yes it is, but its not what you think. It's a carburetor to let in cool air.

Anthonyx2b":1iwz7nv4 said:
Yes it is, but its not what you think. It's a carburetor to let in cool air.
It's weird then. Hope it works for you, but in my ignorance I imagine it will disrupt the air flow and burning properties pipe smokers are accustomed to. Surely it can't hurt to try it and anything out, but in all honesty I'd look for a standard pipe.

In my ignorance, again, I wonder if someone didn't modify the pipe to smoke something other than the tobacco discussed as pipe tobacco here, but heck, maybe Kaywoodie tried a new gizmo invention years ago in the fantasy that it would revolutionize pipe smoking and make the owners/inventor billionaires. So maybe that's the way the pipe was made, I don't know. Maybe someone here can tell us about it.

As a result I don't know if the pipe has specific things required of it to start a smoke, you'll just have to find out. If it is like regular pipes all you need to do is put pipe tobacco in and light it. See if it works; see if you enjoy it.

I did a little research a Kaywoodie did make pipes with carburetors on them starting n 1936-idk when. There are plenty online for sale and some extra information on the web.