Tobacco shops in Denver

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best shop in the Denver area is a 10 minute drive from downtown:

Edward's Pipe & Tobacco Shop
3439 S Broadway
Englewood, CO 80113
(303) 781-7662‎

Tobacco Leaf is not too bad, mostly cigars but they have a new pipe guy workin there so Im hopein things will improve. They still have some 965 in bulk and a few dunhill tins as of a month ago. Dont know the addy off hand but you can find um via google.

Yep Lakewood which is west Denver metro area. I wasnt sure what part you would be visiting so I thought I would throw it out there.

Wet Dottle":vrxa7t5z said:
The best shop in the Denver area is a 10 minute drive from downtown:

Edward's Pipe & Tobacco Shop
3439 S Broadway
Englewood, CO 80113
(303) 781-7662‎
Echo this. Best one I've been to.

I haven't been to Tobacco Leaf yet. I'll put it on my to-visit list.

Prince Philip's isn't bad. The guy that worked with me there is nice, though the pipe selection is a bit sparse. Friendly, knowledgeable, decent selection of tobacco and closer to where I live.

Prince Philip's Pipes & Tobacco‎
3333 S Tamarac Dr # W (Tamarac Square)
Denver, CO 80231
(303) 695-1959

wow, I didn't realize there were this many Colorado people on the boards. Unfortunately I don't live in Denver so I can help much.

As everyone else said, Edward's is the place--best shop I've ever visited, period. Before I found them, though, I hit up Cigars on Sixth a time or two--only a few pipes, a few tins, and few jars, but a cool old barbershop as well as tobacconist, friendly folks, decent prices, so around here you could certainly do worse...

There are four places in Denver that have anything beyond a perfunctory pipe selection. Edward's is far and away the best in terms of pipe and tin selection, not to mention an expert staff, most notably (as far as pipes go) Tom. The back smoking room is so turn-of-the-century hardwood-and-leather men's smoking room looking you wouldn't be surprised if Sherlock Holmes or Alfred Dunhill walked in. Heaven.

Jerri's on 16th St. has a fantastic pipe selection if you're into Petersons and rusticated Ardors, though pickings get significantly slimmer if you're into something else. Tin selection rather small. Staff is very friendly, but I wouldn't call them pipe experts.

Prince Philip's Pipes in Tamarac has expert and friendly staff, rather small pipe selection -- though a few pretty nice ones last I went -- and a tin selection better than Jerri's but far less than Edwards.

The Tobacco Leaf has the next best pipe selection after Edwards -- really quite good when I was there a year ago -- but I have not been back because I find the proprietor to be... not my kind of person. Pushy, condescending, really impressed with himself and he admits he no longer smokes a pipe so he can focus on cigars. I bought a Savinelli Autograph from him and told him I planned to smoke latakia mixtures in it, and he told me to break it in with an aromatic because it would smoke cooler. ???!! I ignored the advice, of course, but it galled me to hear him say it with such authority. I will say in his favor that he let me put a down payment on pipe and come back the next week with the rest of the dough.

Tewksbury & Co. in Writer's Square gets an honorable mention for some nice Arley Curtz pipes, but the rest of their pipe stuff is decidedly perfunctory and they have bulk tobacco only, no tins.

Barlow's in Lafayette was liquidating their pipes under new ownership when I went a year ago, and I hear they're strictly bulk pipe tobacco and cigars now.

Sounds like, at some point, we should put together a BoB get together at Edward's.