Tobacco Storage

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacob the coldblooded

Reaction score
Hey all! i've been using mason jars (which i've heard are best) but i was wondering, what do you use?

What is your labeling system?

Post some pictures! :D

I cut off the labels of the tins and tape them to the jars. That way there recognizable at a glance and also gives you a description of the baccy. And they just look cool.

desertpiper":eovcq009 said:
I cut off the labels of the tins and tape them to the jars. That way there recognizable at a glance and also gives you a description of the baccy. And they just look cool.
Everytime i do that it looks like garbage! How do you get the stickers off without tearing them?

I use address labels with:
Blend
Manufacturer
Source of purchase (for house blends)
Date jarred
Weight (If it is a set amount per jar and not spread between jars)

Always into mason jars which I use the microwave method to seal...which makes everyone in the house mad for a couple hours.

desertpiper":kh3ds85p said:
I cut them with an x-acto blade. There not glued to the tin.
I just tried to do this with a 50gram tin and it did have a glued lable. Are we talking 50 gram dunnhill tins or 2oz Pease style tubs?

On the metal tins such as Dunhill, Orlik etc you can try heating the under side of the lid with a blow dryer or a lighter. Works with snuff tins.

kaiser83":9ilvpaks said:
I use address labels with:
Blend
Manufacturer
Source of purchase (for house blends)
Date jarred
Weight (If it is a set amount per jar and not spread between jars)

Always into mason jars which I use the microwave method to seal...which makes everyone in the house mad for a couple hours.
I do the same thing for all bulk tobacco, minus the microwaving business. For tinned tobacco, I just keep 'em in the tinned, and slap a label on the underside indicating the date the tobacco was tinned (or, if that's not available, the date it was purchased).

Sharpie on mason jar lid. I usually doodle something pertinent. I also use blue masking tape for the side.

I use pieces of gummed paper on my jars for labels - I always have some around (for stretching watercolour papers), it looks neat (unwhitened & coarse), and is easy to remove with water.

2njegdk.jpg

sonarman":1u1hkiux said:
desertpiper":1u1hkiux said:
I cut them with an x-acto blade. There not glued to the tin.
I just tried to do this with a 50gram tin and it did have a glued lable. Are we talking 50 gram dunnhill tins or 2oz Pease style tubs?
2oz. gl pease and McClelland tins.

I use tin labels for tinned and a piece of paper, label sized, with scotch tape for bulk.