Tobacco Suggestions

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benjer87

Reaction score
Does anyone have any good tobacco suggestions? I smoke mainly aromatics to please my wife's nose but would be up for trying something as long as it has a great room note. I have been wanting to try a flake. Any suggestions?

My wife raves about the smell of C&D Exhausted Rooster. It really is pretty good if you're on aros now. Two flakes from GLP that are favourites of mine are Union Square & Fillmore.

Go to the Mars website and check out the flakes from Gawith & Hogwarts. Consider Rum Flake, Glengary Flake, Bob's Chocolate Flake, Kendal Flake & Dark Flake Scented. I also like Broken Flake #7. That's just the Gawith stuff and the one's I've named (except for the Rum Flake and Bob's Choco) are more or less floral in nature...but both good and powerfull, esp. the Dark Flake.

Other than the above, some of MY favorite flakes (that you can actually get) are Esoterica Stonhaven (which is in stock RIGHT NOW and will only last a few days), Solani Silver, Germain Brown Flake, Escudo, Bjarne Flake DeLuxe (a good one to cross over on), Ratray's Trio (Hal O' the Wynd, Marlin Flake & Old Gowrie) and Stokkebye's Bull's Eye Flake and Luxury Twist Flake (another good crossover).

That should get you started and break the bank! lol

Muddler":7ubermlw said:
My wife raves about the smell of C&D Exhausted Rooster. It really is pretty good if you're on aros now. Two flakes from GLP that are favourites of mine are Union Square & Fillmore.
Broer, waar kry jy flakes in Suid-Afrika?

Brother, where do you find flakes in South Africa?

I'll toss my 2 cents in...PS Luxury Twist Flake. Great taste and nice in the room too. Would be a nice transition from the aros I believe.

My favorite aromatics are Scotty's Blend - Butter Burley and the HPCS Adirondack Trout Stream Blend. You can find both in bulk at pipesandcigars.com. I smoke these two blends 80% of the time. No bite, great taste, awesome room note (my wife lets me smoke them in the house). The Trout Stream blend especially has a nice "sweet spot" about half way through the bowl. Both get my 4 out of 4 stars. :D

Been in deep hiding. Life throws you a curve ball every now and then and you just gotta drop things and make it happen. I hope to peek in a little more often. Too many good folks and too much good stuff on the BoB to stay away too long.

Long time no see,,,hope things will "uncurve" for you,,,

I'll put in another vote for Trout Stream from pipesandcigars.com
Also Morning Coffee is great from Just For Him.

Mac Baren - Vanilla Flake

Wonderful Virginia flake with a great room note

I know that I am new around here, but here are my recommendations especially for someone who wants to try a flake. Both are wife and neighbors wives approved (I smoke outside while the kids are playing and get complements from the neighbors wives all the time about how much they like the smell).

Mac Barens - Vanilla Cream Flake - Slight hint of vanilla that still maintains a good tobacco flavor.
Gwaith, Hoggarth - Bob's Chocolate Flake - Although it has "chocolate" in the name it is not over powering and may even be difficult to detect. Upon first light it has a light floral taste, some liken to soap, but it is what really makes the tobacco IMHO.

In my opinion both are light aromatics and don't offer a strong casing so if you are looking for something that is heavily cased, these are probably not for you.

Good luck.

McClelland 2000 fragrant matured cake (bulk)

Sweet VA,,,, with nice room note according to the wife

My wife loves the smell of Escudo. She says it's her favorite. I can smoke it on a car ride without a single complaint.

W.Ø. Larsens Old Fashioned.
Virginia/Burley, semi aromatic. Pleasant room note