Tobacco you smoke only when in a certain mood?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pipedirector

Reaction score
Anyone have a tobacco they keep around, but only smoke when they are in the right mood?

For me it's Escudo, which I enjoy alot, but only if I'm in the mood for it.

Matt

pipedirector":c2o2vryp said:
Anyone have a tobacco they keep around, but only smoke when they are in the right mood?

For me it's Escudo, which I enjoy alot, but only if I'm in the mood for it.

Matt
Me too Matt! Except I'm in the right mood everyday. Escudo is my fav. I do keep one around for that other mood I reckon. Balkan Sasieni. It's rare though that I smoke it.

Valky

I don't necessarily have one certain blend, but I have to be in the mood for anything containing Latakia. I don't dislike Latakia, but I can't smoke it all the time. Perique on the other hand............ :cheers:

Escudo really hits the spot after a big evening meal, say pizza or pasta, or after a really hard day at work.

I'll deem it my "special" tobacco. Orientals I could smoke everyday, however.

Matt

SG 1792 Flake. It's a mood I'm not in very often though.

I would have to be in an unusual mood to smoke Latakia, but if the mood were to strike, hopefully I would do it right by grabbing the biggest billiard I own, packing it full and smoking the heck out of it! :pirat:

The heavier LAT blends would fall into this group; I can do EMP, Westminster on a daily basis, But Blends like
Star of The East, The Captain Earle series { Private Stock, Ten Russians etc }. I can only do 1 or 2 bowls a week.
Guess I'm a woosie.

All rounder really.
Enjoy light English blends After dinner when it is cooler in deep dark Africa!!!!

SG Black XX Twist .... gotta be in the mood for that one! :pale:
Recommend having a full stomach and something on the side.

bluedigital":ql1tv9sl said:
SG Black XX Twist .... gotta be in the mood for that one! :pale:
Recommend having a full stomach and something on the side.

:lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: No Shizit bro! :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

SG Brown No. 4

Perhaps for those moments when I long to smoke beef wellington? ;)

I'm gonna buy some Escudo when I get back from vacation. It has very mixed reviews on tobacco review.com

hobie1dog":kj2lpe8n said:
I'm gonna buy some Escudo when I get back from vacation. It has very mixed reviews on tobacco review.com
Hobie, Escudo is a top notch Vaper bro, you can't go wrong!!
Enjoy!!

Piet Binsbergen":wz8k6sys said:
hobie1dog":wz8k6sys said:
Enjoy!!
If I like Penzance, I should like Escudo?

hobie1dog":82lfa7q7 said:
Piet Binsbergen":82lfa7q7 said:
hobie1dog":82lfa7q7 said:
Enjoy!!
If I like Penzance, I should like Escudo?
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

New Smoker":x9pnqoqm said:
I don't necessarily have one certain blend, but I have to be in the mood for anything containing Latakia. I don't dislike Latakia, but I can't smoke it all the time. Perique on the other hand............ :cheers:
I am exactly the same way, then again I think others have the same thing with latakia.

St Fiacre":gcof8r43 said:
New Smoker":gcof8r43 said:
I am exactly the same way, then again I think others have the same thing with latakia.
I was the same till I discovered, Chelsea morn, Plantation eve, Am pipe and Red Rap. all light englishes. I reserved Lat blends mainly for winter but find myself smoking the stuff at least one a day!!

Not a mood per se, but I generally only smoke flakes in the fall, and maybe into the winter if I haven't finished the tin. It's rare that I will want a flake in the spring or summer, but they're just so autumnal that I have to have them then.

old_salt":v0cincbs said:
The heavier LAT blends would fall into this group; I can do EMP, Westminster on a daily basis, But Blends like
Star of The East, The Captain Earle series { Private Stock, Ten Russians etc }. I can only do 1 or 2 bowls a week.
Guess I'm a woosie.
I love Star of The East! The mood once struck me to pack my largest pipe to the brim with the stuff, and I must say that after two hours of smoking it, I lost the mood for quite some time!