Tobaccocellar.com

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idbowman

Reaction score
Anyone else having trouble accessing tobaccocellar.com?

I haven't been able to get in for two days...and if I have to build a spreadsheet (halfway) from scratch, I'm probably going to weep openly.

Yup, nope, just the search engine spinning, then "Can't reach this page" pops up...

I can send you some paper and a number 2 pencil. Works for me. Besides, I'm not sure the FDA needs to keep track of my (soon to be) contraband.

Give it a day or so, it'll probably clear itself up. Probably just Homeland Security printing off all y'all's lists for reference.... No worries....

Ironically, I was logging in to download a backup to begin keeping my own spreadsheet.

idbowman":4llwhyf9 said:
Ironically, I was logging in to download a backup to begin keeping my own spreadsheet.  
I was last in Saturday; sometimes it seems to come and go. . . . hopefully it will work again soon!

Unfortunately, I've never been able to access this site for some reason.... I started trying roughly one year ago when I heard about it, but haven't ever been able to get it to log in. Aside from Excel, paper/pencil, etc. another option is The Pipe Tool. I've been using it to keep track of my growing pipe collection, there's even an option to upload a photo of the pipe, but they have a tobacco tracking section as well, which I'm currently working on filling with my list of cellared tobaccos. I think they're working on a mobile app too.

I'd heard about The Pipe Tool but never checked it out - until now.

It looks like they've got an upload function designed to import .csv files specifically formatted to match the tobaccocellar export file.

My original intent was to export my cellar, rearrange it to a regular ol' .xls that suits my own needs and keep my records locally...I'll still do that, but if this export/import tool works as well as I hope, I might use PipeTool as a backup (I'm hopeful that I still have an export file somewhere that's only about 6 months out of date).

I've been checking on this (ok, a few times a day), and it connected tonight.

Yeah, I've been checking throughout the day since it went down...never did get in last night, but connected this morning.

I think I'm going to import the file into the new "pipe tool" site just to see how it looks. I'll still be keeping an .xls file to be safe, but I do like the nice easy graphical summary of blend types and age (I'm not nearly good enough with excel to make things look pretty).

It's back up - this happens once a year just about when someone forgets to pay hosting for the tobaccocellar.com .

Imported my cellar into PipeTool...I like it, but I still prefer TobaccoCellar.  I like that TC displays the whole cellar on one page (instead of limiting to viewing only 100 entries per page), and that it includes both the tin date and the age in the cellar summary (PT has the functionality to view both, but you have to click on an individual tin to see all of that data at once).  Age is good to see at a glance, but the readily available tin date is good when double-checking your inventory (which I, compulsively, do twice a year).  The blend type/age graphs are nice, too.

PT is a lot more modern, I'll give it that...and the inclusion of reviews and pipe inventory are nice.  

Pylorns, I'm correct that you're the man behind the PT, right? It's off to a really nice start - maybe my preference (for now) of TC is just because I'm used to it. PT is something I'll keep my eye on...it's new and still evolving, as I understand it. It wouldn't take more than a few tweak here or there for my preference to swing around.