Tobacconists in Paris, France?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ontariopiper

Reaction score
I'll be in France in May on a tour. Can anyone recommend a tobacconist/pipe shop in the city I should check out while I'm there?

I can't help, but when you return I'd like to hear your observations on the state of pipe smoking over there. Here in CT USA, I seldom have a spotting of a smoker. You don't happen to have St Claude on your itinerary, do you? That could be cool.

Charles, I've not been but these are the best I've been able to find. Hope they're still there and are worth checking out. Enjoy your trip.

A la Pipe Du Nord. Was open as of 2013 for sure.
Open Tuesday -Saturday from 10-7pm
21 Nd magenta 75010, Paris
Metro:Jacques Bonsergent (line 5)

A la Civette
Palauan Royal/Musée Du Louvre, 1er
157 Rue St Honoré, Paris

Le Lotus
Concorde/Madeleine, 8éme
4 Rue Dr l'arcade, Paris

Boutique 22 Davidoff
Champs-Elysěes, 16éme
22ave Victor Hugo, Paris

:cheers: Bon voyage. Googling brings up some that I'd definitely avoid, judging by the reviews and the fact that most are heavily cigar-focused. I'd go for the food, drink, the Louvre, wear a beret, and smoke a Gauloises once in a while.

Thanks for the input, gents! HufflePuff - I'll definitely be checking out the shops you listed. Thanks much for those.

I hope to hit at least one shop in Paris while I'm there. The tour is a WWI Battlefield tour to celebrate 150 years since Vimy Ridge. Mainly focuses on NE France and eastern Belgium. I'm taking an extra day to rent a car and visit the grave of my Great-Grandfather who fought and died in France in WWI.

Will be a memorable trip, to which I hope to tag some great food, fine wine and good French tobacco. :D

ontariopiper":blxn8b5z said:
Thanks for the input, gents! HufflePuff - I'll definitely be checking out the shops you listed. Thanks much for those.

I hope to hit at least one shop in Paris while I'm there. The tour is a WWI Battlefield tour to celebrate 150 years since Vimy Ridge. Mainly focuses on NE France and eastern Belgium. I'm taking an extra day to rent a car and visit the grave  of my Great-Grandfather who fought and died in France in WWI.

Will be a memorable trip, to which I hope to tag some great food, fine wine and good French tobacco. :D
Sounds like the trip of a lifetime Charles. Be sure to take lots of pics and share them here!

Cheers,

RR

I would guess A La Pipe Du Nord would be the best bet. They at least have an up to date website. They also appear to carve pipes on the premises and from what I see they are rather fetching. There also seems to be a decent selection of of name brand pipes.

Looking forward to hearing about your trip and seeing plenty of pictures. Oh and enjoy the food.

Jim

I have no intelligence to offer, but I wish you a safe journey and good times!

I was in Paris a few months ago, and can vouch for A La Civette. They had a good, reasonably-priced selection of pipes. I snagged a natural finish Rattray author for around $100 US. Besides, it was just cool to be in a tobacconist that was around since 1753!

1753! :affraid: :affraid: :affraid:   Dang and I thought Pipe Du Nord was old. It's only  been around since 1867.

Oh and thanks for the first hand information. That's always better than Google and guessing.

Jim

Ontariopiper.....have a safe trip and enjoy yourself. Last time I was in Paris was 1989 and they did not seem that keen on Americans. So, your Canadian and should be fine....lol. The food is simply fabulous and you will have plenty of site to visit. A must is the Louvre. Never stopped at a tobacconist while in France, I traveled overland from Denmark then through Germany. I purchased plenty of tobacco along the way. Was a wonferful trip driving across Europe. I'm sure you will have the time of your life :cheers::cheers::cheers:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!