Tobaccos for Cellaring

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deor

Reaction score
With this looming tax cloud hanging over head I have decided that I should start cellaring some tobaccos just in case. My question is this: What are some great bulk tobaccos to cellar? I have only been able to get tins and the occasional house blend. But what are some bulk staples that I should start my cellar off with? I'm not a big aromatic fan but enjoy English blends. Any help before I begin? Thanks

Ben

Hermit's right--you can't go wrong with a pound of Westminster. No messing with jars, plus you have a highly collectible can (that just happens to be filled with leaves) that can be resold at a later date.

Charles Fairmorn's Lancers Slices and Peter Stokkbye Balkan Supreme are my two biggest bulk English cellar investments.

I haven't tried them all, but the McClelland versions of Dunhill's EMP, 965, and Nightcap are all available bulk. I have some "AM Pipe" down cellar as well.

Better still, there's a wide variety out there, and many places sell 1 oz. portions, so you can try before you go big.

Another vote here for you getting some Westminster. I am relatively new to the blend, and I am liking it more with each bowl. If you can find Squadron Leader in bulk, I would also suggest that for another English. It used to be sold in my area in bulk, can't find it these days though.

Happy hunting
Cheers
SWS