Too Busy to Smoke!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wintermute

Reaction score
I decided to take up pipe smoking a couple of years ago as a way to force myself to take some nice, relaxing time for myself, maybe read a book, sip some bourbon, etc. Now I find myself so busy I can't remember the last time I got a chance to pick up a pipe (but I do remember that it was my Randy Wiley packed with some Frog Morton on the Town - Yum!). Between work (I just recently went back to my old job at a consulting firm - a good move), working on the house, running around kids (one daughter in every single sport known to man, and the other a clarinet virtuoso playing things no 9th grader should be able to play), taking care of two PiTA dogs, and helping my wife with other stuff around the house, I barely have time for sleep. My Me time consists of sometimes watching a little bit of TV (I think I watched about 15 minutes of a Giants game last season) and a couple hours of martial arts practice (got back into it after a 6 year hiatus after realizing that I was seriously out of shape) if I'm lucky.

Anyone else find themselves in a no-time-for-anything predicament that they have no right to complain about because it's nothing but good stuff? As a complete non sequitur, should I go with a Kaywoodie POY or a Boswell :D

Things have been a little tough for me also, my wife and I just bought our house not even a year ago so I have been busy with project after project. Now that winter is right around the corner I will be slowing down a bit on the projects (I hope).

Slow down! I know it's easier said than done. Atleast you're working and everyone sounds healthy. Best of luck to you. I'm smoking now, not to rub it in.

I'm also a consultant, so I know about long, intense days. I try to unwind for a couple hours in the evening & smoke a bowl or two. Works for me. Life is about choices. Mostly, you get to do what you choose. If you're enjoying it right now, that's cool. Things change - pipe time will roll around again.

Muddler":e1fw9c3z said:
Things change - pipe time will roll around again.
I can attest to that,,after years of working overtime, running a taxi service for four kids involved in everything on the face of the earth, and
building a house (I've still got a couple closet doors to hang) it all slowed down pretty much,,,now it's a 9 to 5 job and time for pipe smoking is abundant. Looking at the clock to determine how much tobacco to load in the pipe is a thing of the past. Your time will come,,,

Also a consultant. There's always time, you just have to make it, not find it. That's the key. 8) Even if it doesn't involve a nice smoke, find time to relax--good for the health and longevity side of things.

I have two jobs, plus a family to do stuff with, plus a ton of work around the house from the flood. Even though we are renters some of the work I got the landlady to let me do and knock of some rent. one because I an very picky about my lawn and such and 2 because it will help us financially. I can get much of the stuff I need for a lower cost than what she can, if not for free. Besides I do not want any Illegals working around my home, there are too many US citizens that need work!