Too much open stuff...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eklektos44

Reaction score
I've got too many open bags at the moment, so I'm going to send out a few samples. Not a lot, but a few bowls full each. I'm sending out 1 sample of C&D Big and Burley #103, 1 sample of Milan Our Mixture 965, and 1 sample of Milan Chartwell. Two per person. PM me. :)

Oh, and 1 sample of Dunhill Baby's Bottom. Let me know which one. :)

hehe well done

don't want a sample, I'm just looking forward to the day I can sit back and think... I have too much here... :lol!:

I'm never more aware of all the tins I desperately want to open and smoke until I can't justify doing so because of all my opens! A quality problem, I know. Good on ya, John.

juanmedusa":sx93mhdj said:
I'm never more aware of all the tins I desperately want to open and smoke until I can't justify doing so because of all my opens!
You and me both. Hate not opening stuff. Two thoughts sustain me: numero uno: it's a first-world problem; and numero segundo: it forces me to age stuff.

Richard Burley":nmv9zd0l said:
Hate not opening stuff. it's a first-world problem;
Me too. I have opened 3 tins in the last week. Definitely a first world problem.

Need more time to smoke a pipe. Also a first-world problem. Ha, Ha :p

Very nice gesture sir!

I have Milan Chartwell and Dunhill BB on my to buy list.

I too have too many opened tins at the moment.

Open tins are what mason jars are for. Lots of different sizes. And yes I do recognise it interrupts the ageing process.

If that's your goal, then keep it sealed. If it's something you'd like to smoke, open it and jar it up if you're not going to smoke all of it soon.

That's what I do FWIW.

;)

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":6xag4ds3 said:
Open tins are what mason jars are for. Lots of different sizes. And yes I do recognise it interrupts the ageing process.

If that's your goal, then keep it sealed. If it's something you'd like to smoke, open it and jar it up if you're not going to smoke all of it soon.

That's what I do FWIW.

;)

Cheers,

RR
Oh dude you're no fun with your practical way to approach this "problem" Back in the stoneage of smoking we usually only smoked 3 maybe 4 blends and usually opening only two tins at most. But that was back in the days of smoking ignorance and pre-web :twisted: :twisted: Complication is soooo much better !! :twisted: :twisted:

monbla256":gavclgbs said:
Brewdude":gavclgbs said:

That's what I do FWIW.

;)

Cheers,

RR
Oh dude you're no fun with your practical way to approach this "problem" Back in the stoneage of smoking we usually only smoked 3 maybe 4 blends and usually opening only two tins at most. But that was back in the days of smoking ignorance and pre-web :twisted: :twisted:  Complication is soooo much better !! :twisted: :twisted:
Pipe smoking was a thing before the internet? :scratch:

The queen runs off with most of my tins these days, and since we 'can' our fruits and veg for winters, we have cases of jars. Soon as I get caught with an open tin the contents are swiftly moved to a jar and whoosh, the tin is gone.... However, as I make my own blends about a year in advance, most of the weed I have is in glass anyway. I hear yah on the too many open stashes, I'm probably into a dozen blends now, not counting the new concoctions....

Brewdude":gn18v8cp said:

Cheers,

RR
Perhaps this is not the right place to bring this up but, seeing your remark here about interrupting the ageing process, I have to ask. What occurs when one opens a tin that interferes with ageing? The exposure to oxygen? Seems like transferring the tobacco to a well sealed Mason jar might allow ageing to continue. Happy if anyone can educate me on this subject. :)

mikesan":lq2ka4p0 said:
Perhaps this is not the right place to bring this up but, seeing your remark here about interrupting the ageing process, I have to ask.  What occurs when one opens a tin that interferes with ageing?  The exposure to oxygen?  Seems like transferring the tobacco to a well sealed Mason jar might allow ageing to continue.  Happy if anyone can educate me on this subject. :)
Don't think of opening a tin as interrupting the aging process. Doing so actually stops the aging process. It will start again once the tobacco is jarred back up, but the process is technically reset and the tobacco will never be what it could have been. But to all this, I typically say "whatever." Smoke your tobacco when you want to and don't get too caught up in the minutiae of it all, you never know when you may not be able to anymore.

RobJ":1s9pt1jy said:
Very nice gesture sir!

I have Milan Chartwell and Dunhill BB on my to buy list.

I too have too many opened tins at the moment.
I still have a couple of samples to hand out. So PM me and I'll send you a sample of both.