Tornado destruction..

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SouthernPiper

Reaction score
Hey guys. I just got my power back from being out since Wednesday. We had some terrible tornadoes rip through Alabama. I'm just thankful that my family wasn't harmed and that my house is still standing. Actually we didn't get any damage around here, but the next town over (about 10 miles away) was completely wiped out. I'm a young fella and I had never seen such destruction except for on tv and stuff. Last I heard, there were 14 dead and 5 still unaccounted for just in this small town of about a thousand.

On a pipe-related note, while getting ready to repair the fiber in this town (I work for AT&T) I saw an old timer with a pipe walking around. I want to say it was a Peterson. I wanted to ask what kind of tobacco he was smoking but figured it wasn't an appropriate time.

Anyway, could you fine folks on here keep the victims of the southeast tornadoes in your thoughts and prayers? I may not know anyone involved directly, but the way I see it, we're all family, and it was so close to home that it could have very well been me that they found buried under a ton of rubble and trash..

Thanks guys. Much love.

-Anthony

These disasters seem more personal when you're aquainted boardwise with brothers in harms way. My thoughts are with everyone here who has suffered in any way from these disasters. Life isn't a bowl of cherries, but I can't imagine how life changing these events are, not having gone through them myself. I hope everyone is safe.

We still have no power here. Could be another week before it gets restored to our area. Still, I am grateful to be alive. Some of our neighbors to the north, west and south are not so lucky.

My brother lives in Alabaster and I have several relatives in Birmingham. The photos they have taken from areas around Tuscaloosa are shocking. I couldn't believe the devastation. Where homes had been, now just slabs are left.
Stay safe.

I am so saddened by all this tornado devastation. I was in the big tornado in Omaha, Nebraska that took out a big swath of 72nd Street. It is hard to imagine just how bad these things can be.

You all are in my prayers.

It's heart-wrenching to see the destruction, but even worse to hear of the lives lost. I've seen this level of damage, on a bit smaller scale, or I would have trouble believing it was possible. Everyone is in my thought.