Total Newbie

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pseudo Nim":3ii4bax4 said:
Greetings and welcome to BoB, first off, no need to spend a fortune on a fine briar just yet, medium priced pipes can bankrupt you as well, when you've built up a big enough collection, that is, while suffering from chronic Tobacco Accumulation Disorder. Which of course is inevitable here.

Try one or two "Seconds" from your local B&M or a couple of basket pipes, cobs are fine as some Tabaks leave a ghost in your pipe, fine if you like the Tabak, not so good if you don't. Even better, a few clay pipes, as these can be cleaned simply by placing them in an open fire (assuming you have access to one).

Aromatics and Latakia can leave a ghost behind and if you don't like either, you could find you've just ruined a very expensive pipe.
Thanks for the tip. I just picked up a couple of Missouri Meerschaums, another Cheapo (Dr. Grabow) & a straight Savinelli Sandblasted pipe. I'm now set to start sampling. My first tin is Da Vinci In Fumo E Verita. Time to dive in!