Totem.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maiser

Reaction score
Awesome new acquisition. A TotemStar chubby apple. Handmade by Gunnar Weber-Prada. I bought it on Briarblues, and mike was very nice and very communicative.
The pictures don't do it justice, but the grain is awesome and the staining really brings it out. Great birdseye on the bottom.

The stem is wide for such a small pipe, which makes it easy to hold and very comfortable, given that the button is so thin.

Very nice! I've been looking at those pipes for awhile and wondering?? Let us know how she smokes............

http://www.totemstar.com/

Here is a link to Gunnar's site, if anyone wanted to check him out. He makes other stuff too (my pipe came with a handmade pipe and tobacco pouch).

I plan on making it one of my english flake pipes, but i'm not sure yet.

He just had an interview on oompaul.com with Olie (the pipe butcher). So i suggest getting one now before they skyrocket in price!

Nice, I like that pipe and looks like one you will enjoy.

Congrats,

Skip

Dangit Maiser.....now I went and bought a pipe from the Briar Blues site. Thanks for posting up where you got it....wow, what a great selection of pipes. :D :cheers:

Very interesting stem and shank treatment with superb straight grain. Good luck with your new pipe. Hope it gives you many years of enjoyment.
Doc

Maiser":3tujqqgq said:
what did you get, hobiedog?
Bought the large Aaron Beck ( Queens, NY carver, died in 1984) Freehand

Beck1.jpg

Beck2.jpg

beck4.jpg

Beck6.jpg

Beck5.jpg

I just love that little wooden multicolor ring that's on the stem...how he did that.... :?: Michael from Briar Blues was great to talk to on the phone, and said that the pipe just melts in your hand as if he took a large block of modeling clay and squeezed it and carved the briar to match it. It's my first quality pipe I've owned. He will be shipping it out on Monday.