Tree Mixture

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gumball

Reaction score
I am trying Tree Mixture by Robert Lewis. It contains Black Cavendish, Virginia, Latakia and Oriental.

I'm not sure if this is an Oriental of Latakia blend, but I get the impression that the Latakia is taking the back seat here. I'm smoking it in a large bowl, and it is not smoking hot, no tongue bite, and a mellow taste. The room aroma is inoffensive and nothing that would drive the ladies from the man cave :)

I'm not getting any harshness in my throat. There is a little gurgle so it may benefit from some drying next time, but it felt about right when I loaded up the pipe.

All in all a rather pleasant smoke, not overpowering at all, and might suit those who like to dabble with Latakia without being overwhelmed by it. Reminds me of Skiff Mixture but a bit milder.

I remember trying it several years ago but can't remember what it was like. Tried the 123 mixture too. Too long ago I suppose. Do tell us your impressions once you've gone through several bowls.

Robert Lewis tobaccos were blends the old B&M I used to get my 'bac at carried back when I started smoking in '69. As I recall, that Tree mixture was very good, but was more expensive than Dunhill 965 ! Actually, it STILL is ! Another blend/mixture of theirs that I liked and have bought over the years was their Wingfield Mixture. It's a nice ribbon cut, rubbed out all Va that is a nice one for a smooth all day smoke. But it's also more expensive than Dunhill's Flake still ! Oh well, all's fair in love and 'baccy :twisted: