Tremors anyone

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rxman

Reaction score
Did you guys feel todays quake? Light shaking on the NJ shore for about 15 secs. Hope you all ok. John

Epicenter in Virginia, around a 6. Felt it in Connecticut.

You know I'm already a grouchy old man, because what I thought when I felt the shaking was "Humph, damn kids and their car stereos!"

I was in a NJ Atlantic City Expressway travel plaza. The 40' overhead hanging lights, which are large were swaying enough to crack the dry wall around their mounts. I was under one, using writing up an inspection. I just picked this lighter up today and it appears just in time. "Our Lady" must have been keeping an eye on me!

We felt it in Columbus, Ohio. It was pretty light, some people didn't even notice. I was like "Did we just have an earthquake." then i popped onto CNN and yep, we sure did.

I live about 50 miles south of the epicenter, and I didn't feel it.... How did I completely miss an earthquake that people 100's of miles away felt?

I was outside with a pipe North of Philly, and it just sounded like someone was moving some heavy furniture upstairs--though the fire escape was shaking a good bit. I didn't realize that was what it was until later.

Irene Adler":4b62lf5a said:
I live about 50 miles south of the epicenter, and I didn't feel it.... How did I completely miss an earthquake that people 100's of miles away felt?
My son is in the Navy and stationed at Newport News VA. We called him to see if everything was okay.........He slept :confused: through the whole thing :scratch: and didn't feel a thing. :lol:

I was under my caddy doing some work when the back end started bouncing up and down like someone was pushing down on it! I thought someone was screwing with me til' I got up and saw no one there! It was freaky!

Mikem":hbinle1c said:
Irene Adler":hbinle1c said:
My son is in the Navy and stationed at Newport News VA. We called him to see if everything was okay.........He slept :confused: through the whole thing :scratch: and didn't feel a thing. :lol:
I work in Newport News. =)