Trever Talbot pipes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cigarstorejay

Reaction score
Hello All
I am interested in a Trever Talbot. I like the style he has as well as some of the larger pipes that he offers. Problem is it is tough to justify $200 on a pipe on my salary. How to tell the wife and kiddies that it's PB&J this month because Daddy had to have this pipe.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about his pipes. How do they hold up, craftsmanship etc. Also, does anyone know where I might get a "pre owned" pipe from him?

Just curious.

Thanks Fellas

The difficulty is really not so much in the choice to buy one, but rather in finding one for sale. Estates are quite rare, new production is often quite difficult to get. He has his fans.

At that price you're talking about his Ligne Bretagne pipes. I have two of them and the workmanship is excellent, the bits are comfortable, and they're good smokers. I love 'em both. A word of warning though - pay close attention to the dimensions of the pipes, which he describes on his web pages. Many Ligne Bretagne pipes are on the smallish side.

Plus as kapnismologist mentioned, they sell quickly. I'm on his Email list. Early in the afternoon today he posted six new Ligne Bretagnes. Now (9 hrs later) there are three left.

Steve

Yeah, the Ligne Bretagnes do tend to run small, usually up to medium sized at best. There are only a couple of shapes that are really large, such as this Oom-Paul I recently kept for myself. If you're looking for estate pipes of mime, you might try Pipe & Pint and Smokingpipes.com - Both places sometimes have a few coming in and out. Smokingpipes recently had a ring grain Talbert but that one was out of your price range. You can occasionally find a really good deal on an estate Ligne Bretagne, if your timing is right.

Thanks for your interest in my work!

sstodvictory":fexxydne said:
At that price you're talking about his Ligne Bretagne pipes. I have two of them and the workmanship is excellent, the bits are comfortable, and they're good smokers. I love 'em both. A word of warning though - pay close attention to the dimensions of the pipes, which he describes on his web pages. Many Ligne Bretagne pipes are on the smallish side.

Plus as kapnismologist mentioned, they sell quickly. I'm on his Email list. Early in the afternoon today he posted six new Ligne Bretagnes. Now (9 hrs later) there are three left.

Steve
I'm on the Email list as well. I always window shop when the email is sent around. I do tend to like a larger pipe, so I will keep the size thing in mind. This batch has actually lasted longer than most. I have seen them sell out over night.

Thanks for the tips and advice

Jay

TreverT":vjs3zd4s said:
Yeah, the Ligne Bretagnes do tend to run small, usually up to medium sized at best. There are only a couple of shapes that are really large, such as this Oom-Paul I recently kept for myself. If you're looking for estate pipes of mime, you might try Pipe & Pint and Smokingpipes.com - Both places sometimes have a few coming in and out. Smokingpipes recently had a ring grain Talbert but that one was out of your price range. You can occasionally find a really good deal on an estate Ligne Bretagne, if your timing is right.

Thanks for your interest in my work!
Thanks for the personal response! I actually saw a Halloween pipe you did a few years ago, black, ghostly. I decided I was a fan right then and there. I will own that one someday. Probably when the kids get older and I am done paying pre School tuition for twins! I check Smokingpipes.com regularly but haven't seen one in my range just yet.
The Ligne Bretagne Collector #7C in the most recent batch almost compelled me to buy. I haven't been back to your site since I saw it as I'm a terrible impulse buyer and might just jump on it. It looks like it would be a perfect fit for a nice spring night smoke. I contacted the pipe and pint store as well.

Thanks for the help and ideas and here's to someday!

Jay

cigarstorejay":upp36cio said:
Thanks for the personal response! I actually saw a Halloween pipe you did a few years ago, black, ghostly. I decided I was a fan right then and there. I will own that one someday. Probably when the kids get older and I am done paying pre School tuition for twins! I check Smokingpipes.com regularly but haven't seen one in my range just yet.
The Ligne Bretagne Collector #7C in the most recent batch almost compelled me to buy. I haven't been back to your site since I saw it as I'm a terrible impulse buyer and might just jump on it. It looks like it would be a perfect fit for a nice spring night smoke. I contacted the pipe and pint store as well.
The #7C IS still available, FWIW. That one will probably sell slower due to having an acrylic stem, which turns some people off, though I personally prefer them since I do enough stem polishing all week without having to keep my own pipes shiny as well. ;)

P&P did have a few estate Talberts last I checked, and I think they even had an estate LB or two, but I haven't talked to Robert lately. Please be patient if you don't receive a quick response from them, as Robert's mom passed away just recently and he is probably still in the thick of the fallout from that.